cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got CO an FP pre-approvals in mail. In the trash now:)

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Got CO an FP pre-approvals in mail. In the trash now:)

So, today I received my second set of pre-approvals in the mail from Credit One with a CL of up to $1500, and First Premier with an approved limit of $700. Felt good to throw them in the shreder bin! Those fees are outrageous! no way would I ever get those cards. Before I filed BK,  I did my homework here, and knew I'd hold out for something better, and I did! Smiley Happy thank you Jesus! Lol!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Got CO an FP pre-approvals in mail. In the trash now:)

@pizza1 wrote:

So, today I received my second set of pre-approvals in the mail from Credit One with a CL of up to $1500, and First Premier with an approved limit of $700. Felt good to throw them in the shreder bin! Those fees are outrageous! no way would I ever get those cards. Before I filed BK,  I did my homework here, and knew I'd hold out for something better, and I did! Smiley Happy thank you Jesus! Lol!

Bravo shred away 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 8
Feather_Hat
Established Member

lol this is first time hearing abt credit one and first premier for me =)

are they big lenders?

Message 3 of 8
Longroad
Established Contributor

@Feather_Hat wrote:

lol this is first time hearing abt credit one and first premier for me =)

are they big lenders?

Big fee and big interest for sure

Message 4 of 8
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thanks my journey!! Smiley Happy lol

Feather hat.....they are big sub prime lenders! They cater to the "bad" credit or no credit folks, and will usually approve 99% of all apps, lol!!! Especially to people like me who have a recent bankruptcy and are trying to rebuild their credit. They know I am, so they are hoping that I will jump on their offer for credit with their $75 annual fee, $19.95 a month service fee, and a few hundred dollars for other fees before you even get the card. Once you do, you like $20 available credit. Lmao! No that desperate at allSmiley Wink
Message 5 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@pizza1 wrote:

Feather hat.....they are big sub prime lenders! They cater to the "bad" credit or no credit folks, and will usually approve 99% of all apps, lol!!! Especially to people like me who have a recent bankruptcy and are trying to rebuild their credit. They know I am, so they are hoping that I will jump on their offer for credit with their $75 annual fee, $19.95 a month service fee, and a few hundred dollars for other fees before you even get the card. Once you do, you like $20 available credit. Lmao! No that desperate at allSmiley Wink

LOL... While there may be extenuating circumstances for some folks who have no alternative, sure.  But, as there are better options for the masses who are building/rebuilding, then FP or CO should be avoided.  Don't even save the cardboard CC that comes enclosed in the envelope Robot LOL

Message 6 of 8
Feather_Hat
Established Member

@pizza1 wrote:

lol i actually did some googling about them..

i can't believe how many FEES they can put loll

so many fees after fees lol..

Message 7 of 8
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Feather hat.... I know!! Right?!! Oh and I forgot the best part.....36% interest!! Say what??!! Lmfaorofl!!!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.