Got My Blue Cash Preferred Today!

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Got My Blue Cash Preferred Today!

@Anonymous wrote:

@improvingmycredit wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:

Congrats !!  The 6% back at grocery stores is amazing ~ it would almost cancel sales tax ~ 8% for me...

Ha-Ha!  I know what you mean... sales tax here is 6% so basically for me it means tax free.  :0  Thanks for the congrats.

Fusion - I got $9000 to start.  I'm going to hit the luv button on day 61.  Smiley Happy

Nice! Are you going to ask for 3x the limit?

I'd go full $25k what's the worse they can say?

Message 11 of 20
INFINITI2010
Established Member

Congrats on the AMEX card! I,m looking to apply for one pretty soon myself when I get my scores up. I tried last month but was denied. Didnt realize they pull Experian....my lowest of the 3 bureaus
INFINITI10
Message 12 of 20
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@CS800 wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:

Congrats !!  The 6% back at grocery stores is amazing ~ it would almost cancel sales tax ~ 8% for me...

8% sales tax? Where are you located?

Your grocery is taxed??

Don't know where pizzadude lives, but Tennessee taxes groceries at the full rate. Smiley Sad Smiley Mad

Terribly unfair on those whose money is tight. It's one thing to decide whether or not to buy a 3D TV, but everyone has to eat.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 20
Open123
Super Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:

Your grocery is taxed??

Don't know where pizzadude lives, but Tennessee taxes groceries at the full rate. Smiley Sad Smiley Mad

Terribly unfair on those whose money is tight. It's one thing to decide whether or not to buy a 3D TV, but everyone has to eat.

You're joking?!

I've NEVER heard of any taxes on foods bought at a supermarket.  That is terribly unfair.

Message 14 of 20
CS800
Super Contributor

Very true. In MA groceries and precription drugs are exempt from the 6.25% sales tax which works out good when using the 3% cashback on groceries on the BCE AMEX

Message 15 of 20
CS800
Super Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

You're joking?!

I've NEVER heard of any taxes on foods bought at a supermarket.  That is terribly unfair.

The only food that;s taxed at a groceries is if its prepared food. For example, you buy lobster but have them steam it there then they charge you the 6.35% since it was prepared there. There is a reason its called Taxachusetts Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 20
getahead
Regular Contributor

Wow! I wish I lived in a state that doesn't charge tax at grocery stores, I'm in Hawaii & we're taxed on everything!

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: Fico EQ-679, Fico TU-670, EX Plus-713, TU Walmart-697, CreditKarma-690
Goal Score: 700 Club

Message 17 of 20
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Nice! Are you going to ask for 3x the limit?

I'd go full $25k what's the worse they can say?

Actually, I'd like some clarification on this.  What is the worst thing that could happen?  I certainly don't want to have another FR.... Ha-Ha!  Not that it'd matter, but geeezz, once is enough.  I'll probably go for the $25K anyway.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 18 of 20
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Also, some clarification.... FL doesn't charge tax on food either sooooo, I'm a dumby.  I guess it's just a nice 6 cent on the dollar bonus! 

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS800 wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:

Your grocery is taxed??

I know what you mean! When I used to live in CA I didn't have to be concerned about tax for food but living in TN it's almost 10% 

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.