cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got Pre-Approval for Consumer Credit Union Visa Signature!!!!

tag
AeroKrix
Frequent Contributor

Re: Got Pre-Approval for Consumer Credit Union Visa Signature!!!!

Spoke with a CSR from Consumers CU. She said they only process apps during business hours. The UW hours is the same as branch hours and they do manual reviews on their apps, leading to a call from a CSR regarding your app. 

Current 09/01/2021 EQ - 515 FAKO ; EX - 591 FICO ; TU - 598 FICO

Venmo CC $5.0K || Paypal Cashback CC $2.0K || Walmart CC $3.0K || CapOne QS1 $700 || CapOne QS $800 || Mission Lane $1.5K || Merrick $1.0K || AMEX Optima $500
Message 21 of 114
waiter
Regular Contributor

Congrats Ron1:

well, with these credit unions, My experience is that , computer system does a good job approving, and then the problem comes with a human eye looks at ALL those accounts on credit report and freaks out. ( i mean my credit report accounts ) , last year NASA sys approved me for 20,000 , everything was done approved, but all of sudden some conservative UW just killed it. DENIED, reason too many accounts opened. I was upset.

Good luck Ron. If this 10K is given to you, then i will apply too.

Message 22 of 114
jesseh
Frequent Contributor

looks pretty good, congrats!

Wondering what your experience will be with CCU!

Cards: BCE 24k 5/'17 | CF 12k 10/'15 | IHG 12k 10/'15 | HH 6k 6/'18 | DS It 6k 3/'15 | TR 5k 11/'15
Scores: 760-770 | Inquiries: 0-1 | Utilization: 0-10% | AAoA: 3yrs | Bank: Ally | CU's: Navy & Pentagon
Message 23 of 114
firetech593
Regular Contributor

Hi All,

Ive been with Consumers over 10 years, best banking  I've ever had.

When I started my credit journey 3 years ago, they gave me my first $250.00 usecured card, (I had 5 year old checking with them).

Today its at 15k, and thanks to this board, being converted to signature.

IME, they always manually underwrite, and do a great job at it. They don't always say yes, but, if you talk to them, they do always find a way.

FWIW, they also use a single TU pull for a months worth of apps, EX if your TU is locked, (you can also request EX).

CLI are hard TU.

If you use checking and cc together, You can earn 5.09% on checking, with somewhat quirky requirements.

Enjoy!

Message 24 of 114
Ron1
Super Contributor

I haven't called from them yet. It's ok if I get denied. I didn't ask for $10k. They pre-filled it for me during the application process. It also
asked me to download the credit card agreement. I hope it is another DUCK CARD.

Ron.
Message 25 of 114
firetech593
Regular Contributor

Whats a Duck card Ron?

Message 26 of 114
sandman2435
Established Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:
I haven't called from them yet. It's ok if I get denied. I didn't ask for $10k. They pre-filled it for me during the application process. It also
asked me to download the credit card agreement. I hope it is another DUCK CARD.

Ron.

Ron, I've been a member with them for 2 years and also had a credit card with them, last year I went on a massive credit reduction program lol, and I closed out the credit card(dumb move on my part) fast forward to last week, I went and called to app for the visa sig rewards card and was denied: reason for being denied: too much avalable credit, had the same problem with logex as well, just did an app with SDFCU, I have to send them 2 years of Personell and business returns, it's a lot of paper to send them as my returns are very thick, best of luck hope u get the card

Message 27 of 114
Ron1
Super Contributor

The Duck Card is issued by OCCU. It didn't require the membership at first. Later, they changed their mind to close many people's account.

Ron.
Message 28 of 114
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

I signed up w/ Consumers back when they were paying higher interest on Checking.  Got $6500 9.75% on the same inquiry when opening checking.  

I'm thinking about a new auto loan this summer and then hitting up all my CU accounts for CLI's since they all want to HP for an increase.

Message 29 of 114
Ron1
Super Contributor

austinguy,

Did you get approved at the same time when you joined? How long did you wait for their decision ?

Ron.
Message 30 of 114
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.