Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a CLI from Discover online!!!!

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Got a CLI from Discover online!!!!

I tried to request a CLI online from Discover and I filled out all the required info (house payment, income etc.). It came back the following message:

Congratulations! You've been approved for a credit line increase of $1,000.

You requested a credit line increase of $1,000. Unfortunately, we were unable to approve the full amount. This increase of $1,000 brings your new available credit line $8,750, and your new cash line $3,900 .

You have the option to accept the $1,000 increase now, or request a higher amount. If you choose to request the higher amount, a credit bureau report will be requested and an inquiry will be placed into your bureau file, which could affect your credit score.
What would you like to do?
What would you like to do? A selection is required.
Accept the $1,000 credit line increase.
Request further review for requested amount. We will pull your full credit report and review the amount by which we can increase your credit line. This typically takes two business days.

I just accepted $1000 and I didn't want them to pull the credit report.

Congratulations, you are approved for a credit line increase!

You have been approved for a $1,000 credit line increase. This makes your new available credit line $8,750, and your new limit for cash advances $3,900.

$1000 is not much for CLI. At least, I got something from Discover.  They sent me a CLI pre-approval letter to call me and I didn't.  Today, I got it without any hard pull.

Ron.

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Got a CLI from Discover online!!!!

I'm glad this has worked for someone. I noticed yesterday that the option to ask for a CLI is no longer available for me.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 31
Ron1
Super Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

I'm glad this has worked for someone. I noticed yesterday that the option to ask for a CLI is no longer available for me.

From a BK years ago to:

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

You have to searched for it.

Ron.

Message 3 of 31
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Ron1 wrote:

You have to searched for it.

Ron.

It's been there for several months until yesterday. Right above "Request a Credit Line Decrease" in the Manage Accounts section. But it's gone now. It's no big deal. I wasn't looking for a CLI right now. My post was more of a FYI than anything else.  Smiley Happy

I'll be curious if it's disappeared for anyone else.

From a BK years ago to:

Message 4 of 31
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

OP, congrats on your CLI.

As for the increase option online, it also disappeared for me yesterday. I thought it may have had something to do with me hitting it everyday for the last few months and it responding that it's not available at the moment for my account!
Message 5 of 31
CS800
Super Contributor

MV:

Funny you said that. I logged on last night to pay my discover and was curious so went to see of my option for CLI was there where it has always been.

But it was gone . I wondered if it was normal. A system glitch maybe? Hopefully it comes back

Message 6 of 31
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

The button is there for me, but every time I click it asks me to call the phone number.

Message 7 of 31
CS800
Super Contributor

I saw this option on my account.

Request a Credit Limit Increase

Request a Credit Limit Increase

Call 1-800-Discover to request a credit limit increase

Message 8 of 31
learnin113
Established Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

From a BK years ago to:

+1  My CLI button is completely gone now, only the CLD option.  What's up with that? Smiley Mad

Message 9 of 31
Ron1
Super Contributor

The CLI button is gone too. You have to use search function to find it out. Not all accounts is eligible for CLI without hard pull. I only got 1 out 5 Discover cards qualified for CLI.

Ron.

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.