Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a New Car And Credit Went Down

tag
NiNoMArksLA
Contributor

Got a New Car And Credit Went Down

Hello I went to Chevy dealer and he run my credit 10 times from banks and thats 10 Inqs I didn't want that but what am I gonna do I got a 16k auto loan from Santander 24.9 I know its a high apr gonna pay it for a 1 year get good auto credit then trade it in cheap payment of $493 only $500 down but I wanted know cause my bofa secured card gets reviewed on Feb-2013 and they might decline me know for having total of 21 Inqs and my capital one got a CLI from $300 To $500 Limt from credit steps so that's was a plus there and my Macy's I wanted to ask for a CLI But my score went down alot 549 so just gonna wait intill they age and let me other cards age
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
shorrttyycm1
Frequent Contributor

Re: Got a New Car And Credit Went Down

Och...that's a high apr! But i think you have a solid plan, good luck! I thought that all auto inqs within 15 days only count as one? Idk i could be wrong

Starting Score: 530
3-2013Score: TU 680 EQ 683 EXP 679 FAKO
Current Score (lender pull): TU 693 EQ 649 EXP 699 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 19
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Sounds like you have a good plan.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 19
NiNoMArksLA
Contributor

No it shows total 21 Inqs only had 11 or 12
Message 4 of 19
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

Did you really need a new loan. I hate to say it but you got ripped off. I'd wait a good year before even thinking about applying for stuff again.

Message 5 of 19
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

hope everything works out for you and you're able to get that thing refi'd soon. That's going to be nearly $30k on a $16k loan!

Good luck.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 6 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@NiNoMArksLA wrote:
Hello I went to Chevy dealer and he run my credit 10 times from banks and thats 10 Inqs I didn't want that but what am I gonna do I got a 16k auto loan from Santander 24.9 I know its a high apr gonna pay it for a 1 year get good auto credit then trade it in cheap payment of $493 only $500 down but I wanted know cause my bofa secured card gets reviewed on Feb-2013 and they might decline me know for having total of 21 Inqs and my capital one got a CLI from $300 To $500 Limt from credit steps so that's was a plus there and my Macy's I wanted to ask for a CLI But my score went down alot 549 so just gonna wait intill they age and let me other cards age

I see the good things you are doing on your credit and agree with much of your plan but what is still on your file that has your score in the 500's?

I wouldn't worry about BofA and INQ.

Message 7 of 19
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

that's a lot of inquiry man.....

I would consider to go for some Credit Union for loans.......but sound like you had a plan.......I would paid as much as possible then leave a lil balance on your loan and spread it out at least 2 to 3 years.......

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 8 of 19
FinallyBetterCredit
Established Member

24.9? WOW .... Good luck and make sure you refinance as soon as possible.

USAA World MasterCard 10000, American Express EBC 2000, Citi Diamond Preferred 1000, Chase Freedom Visa 1500, Lowes StoreCard 800,USAA Classic Platinum MasterCard 500, BOA 123 Visa 1000
Your FICO® score at Equifax is
676 as of December 6, 2012
Message 9 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@nicholasyud wrote:

that's a lot of inquiry man.....

I would consider to go for some Credit Union for loans.......but sound like you had a plan.......I would paid as much as possible then leave a lil balance on your loan and spread it out at least 2 to 3 years.......

at 25% I wouldn't leave $100 on a car loan!

OP just work on the negatives that remain or what ever else is bringing you so far down... someone with only 3 credit cards and opening a new car loan that is in high 500's,low 600's would usually see a huge score JUMP UP not down... so little confused... but assume an auto loan is good for you so should rebound quickly.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.