Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got an Alliant CC preapproval

tag
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Got an Alliant CC preapproval

Bit leery about apping, but got a preapproval for a Alliant CC...(no not the heavy hitters 3% card, just their regular Plat)

Must be doing something right .

Think ill stick it out in the garden at least until some more inqs fall off...  Still wish they would offer the checking account SUB again... 

Least from what iv seen on here, they are known for being a bit conservative and a little harder to get..

-J

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

Re: Got an Alliant CC preapproval

Congratulations, it's nice to be wanted even if you don't accept 🙂

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 2 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

If you eventually decide to pull the trigger, you can upgrade to the Visa Signature CC after a year of having the Platinum. It's a wonky little process, but doable 😁
Message 3 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice J, things are coming alongSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 10
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

@Finstar, great data point!

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 5 of 10
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@joltdude wrote:

Bit leery about apping, but got a preapproval for a Alliant CC...(no not the heavy hitters 3% card, just their regular Plat)

Must be doing something right .

Think ill stick it out in the garden at least until some more inqs fall off...  Still wish they would offer the checking account SUB again... 

Least from what iv seen on here, they are known for being a bit conservative and a little harder to get..

-J

I have their platinum card and IMHO it's now worthless, compared to other credit union platinum cards.

It has high interest, a cash advance fee, a balance transfer fee, and a foreign transaction fee.

And of course it has no rewards. So what is it good for?

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 6 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, wow SJ that stinksSmiley Sad
Message 7 of 10
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Yes it does.

Until recently it was good for one thing -- short term balance transfers. Now it's not even good for that.

They must have realized they are in trouble with it, because the other day they came up with a short term offer... spend $500 between September 16th and September 30th, and get $25.  So I'm taking the card out of the sock drawer until I get up to $500 spend Smiley Happy

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 8 of 10
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

Yes it does.

Until recently it was good for one thing -- short term balance transfers. Now it's not even good for that.

They must have realized they are in trouble with it, because the other day they came up with a short term offer... spend $500 between September 16th and September 30th, and get $25.  So I'm taking the card out of the sock drawer until I get up to $500 spend Smiley Happy

Thank you SJ...

I was pondering that card in the future but you basically explained that its not a good fit for me... I appreciate that...

The only way it might work would be if i could be approved and spend enough to justify the AF card..... which already was a bit close and on the fence on anyways....

Though I did appreciate a genuine pre-approval with the prerequisite notice box and such... Kinda made me feel like i have gotten somewhere in my credit building.... 

Theres something about being courted by more conservative lenders.. that at least in my mind says I have finally arrived.. 

Currently without an AF =)...

-J

Message 9 of 10
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

Yes it does.

Thats only 5% cash back.  If you have the double cash back from Discover, then Discover would sound like the better choice

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.