cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got an email for a PRG. What does this mean?

tag
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Re: Got an email for a PRG. What does this mean?

@mongstradamus wrote:

Looks like they are offering everybody that offer .I got that as well today still waiting for that 50k offer.

...Tears...Here i was thinking that i'm special.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 11 of 22
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Membersince2013 wrote:

@BungalowMo wrote:

@Stralem wrote:

That email means diddly-d!ck.

I got the same thing earlier today even though I already have a PRG.

Yep!  That's why I completely (and indefinately) did the Opt-Out!

I do not want any offers coming to me in any form.  When I am ready for new cards, I will come here...read up...do my homework, and do the app. 

One great piece of advice I got...app for the cards you will be approved for, not simply the ones you *want*.  When I looked like crap on paper, I tried & tried for a bunch of prime cards & got denied every time.  Then I learned the art of patience, GW's, and gardening.  Waited for my report to look it's absolute best...and "POUNCE"!!!

Bam!  Approved!  Just got my Freedom Signature card yesterday!  Smiley Tongue

I need to try and be patient like you! I app wayyyy too much for unnecessary cards. I have wayyyy too many cards i don't even use. I've been told that with time, i'll learn..

Yeah...right now I have nothing but cards I actually use:

Care Credit...mostly for the kitties!

Lowes....for the house

Ann Taylor/Loft...got it for the major discount at opening, never used it since & it will eventually close & drop off

Navy Fed Plat...8% interest Smiley Happy

Nationwide....used to use it a lot.  Not so much any more.  This was my 1st 10k card

Discover IT...great cash back

Chase BP...got it because the gas station was 1 mi away & commute is 100+ round trip.  Now, I only use it for emergency cash...checks good for 15mo 0% int.

Chase Freedom Siggy...just got yesterday.  I'll find the best use in no time!

AMEX BCP...great benefits & limit & csr is amazing.  Use for flights & certain things that may require a little legal team behind them. 

Citi Diamond...don't use a ton...waiting to upgrade in Dec.

Never been a big fan or user of "store" cards.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 12 of 22
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

I'd hold out for a 50K after $1K spend offer...might come back around soon.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 13 of 22
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@BungalowMo wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:

@BungalowMo wrote:

@Stralem wrote:

That email means diddly-d!ck.

I got the same thing earlier today even though I already have a PRG.

Yep!  That's why I completely (and indefinately) did the Opt-Out!

I do not want any offers coming to me in any form.  When I am ready for new cards, I will come here...read up...do my homework, and do the app. 

One great piece of advice I got...app for the cards you will be approved for, not simply the ones you *want*.  When I looked like crap on paper, I tried & tried for a bunch of prime cards & got denied every time.  Then I learned the art of patience, GW's, and gardening.  Waited for my report to look it's absolute best...and "POUNCE"!!!

Bam!  Approved!  Just got my Freedom Signature card yesterday!  Smiley Tongue

I need to try and be patient like you! I app wayyyy too much for unnecessary cards. I have wayyyy too many cards i don't even use. I've been told that with time, i'll learn..

Yeah...right now I have nothing but cards I actually use:

Care Credit...mostly for the kitties!

Lowes....for the house

Ann Taylor/Loft...got it for the major discount at opening, never used it since & it will eventually close & drop off

Navy Fed Plat...8% interest Smiley Happy

Nationwide....used to use it a lot.  Not so much any more.  This was my 1st 10k card

Discover IT...great cash back

Chase BP...got it because the gas station was 1 mi away & commute is 100+ round trip.  Now, I only use it for emergency cash...checks good for 15mo 0% int.

Chase Freedom Siggy...just got yesterday.  I'll find the best use in no time!

AMEX BCP...great benefits & limit & csr is amazing.  Use for flights & certain things that may require a little legal team behind them. 

Citi Diamond...don't use a ton...waiting to upgrade in Dec.

Never been a big fan or user of "store" cards.

Looks quite impressive! I WANT THAT NAVY FED PLAT! Lowest APR i have is 13.24%. 

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Message 14 of 22
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@injustifiiable wrote:

That's $500 for free! Wonderful! i'll wait on that then.

Message 15 of 22
Ubuntu
Regular Contributor

@injustifiiable wrote:

I've been getting PRG pre-selected letters in the mail for years. I didn't pay close attention but I think most of them were 25 or 30k bonus points.  I've been getting Bly Sky and Discover It also.

A month or so ago I got the one that's 50k bonus points with a $1k spend in 3 months. Do you think that the change was just random because that was their current marketing plan or is that a sign that they really do want to give me a card?

I've had an EQ FICO score between 780 and 810 for a long time which explains why I was being sent the pre-selected letters.  Unfortunately it was based on two AU accounts in my fiance's name. We opened one together and it's been my daily driver for 8 years but at the time I didn't want anything in my name (big mistake).  Now I have two accounts of my own. Opening the first one about a year ago dropped my score 60 points (2 HPs and one new account).  Opening the second one three months later didn't have any affect on my score which had come back up by 10 points since the first one.  Ten months after getting the first card my score hit 802 and then earlier this month the change from FICO 04 to FICO 8 factored out my AU accounts and dropped me to 732 (ouch).  I'm at 748 right now (786 EX PLUS).  My UTIL is 1%, and my income was 80k last year.

Anyone have any thoughts on my chances for approval?  I feel like they'll approve me but I'd hate to be declined.  My two HPs and the first CC in my name hit a year old and will report on July 12th.  I really want to app for the PRG because I had an Amex in the 1990s which will hopefully backdate and give me a nice AAoA boost.  Coincidentally the PRG offer expires on the 17th so I have a five day window.

Message 16 of 22
jd352
Regular Contributor

@Ubuntu wrote:

@injustifiiable wrote:

I've been getting PRG pre-selected letters in the mail for years. I didn't pay close attention but I think most of them were 25 or 30k bonus points.  I've been getting Bly Sky and Discover It also.

A month or so ago I got the one that's 50k bonus points with a $1k spend in 3 months. Do you think that the change was just random because that was their current marketing plan or is that a sign that they really do want to give me a card?

I've had an EQ FICO score between 780 and 810 for a long time which explains why I was being sent the pre-selected letters.  Unfortunately it was based on two AU accounts in my fiance's name. We opened one together and it's been my daily driver for 8 years but at the time I didn't want anything in my name (big mistake).  Now I have two accounts of my own. Opening the first one about a year ago dropped my score 60 points (2 HPs and one new account).  Opening the second one three months later didn't have any affect on my score which had come back up by 10 points since the first one.  Ten months after getting the first card my score hit 802 and then earlier this month the change from FICO 04 to FICO 8 factored out my AU accounts and dropped me to 732 (ouch).  I'm at 748 right now (786 EX PLUS).  My UTIL is 1%, and my income was 80k last year.

Anyone have any thoughts on my chances for approval?  I feel like they'll approve me but I'd hate to be declined.  My two HPs and the first CC in my name hit a year old and will report on July 12th.  I really want to app for the PRG because I had an Amex in the 1990s which will hopefully backdate and give me a nice AAoA boost.  Coincidentally the PRG offer expires on the 17th so I have a five day window.

Your scores are definitely in line. You have decent income. So I would say your chances of approval are very high. An Amex charge card was my first CC, they are not as hard to get as people perceive they are. At the time of my approval my credit score was 680ish, income was $40k with no revolving credit accounts. All I had were student loans. The 50k bonus is better than the Platinum's 40k bonus. If you want this card, I would say go for it!

NPSL............... $20,700........... $15,200.......... $5,000............ $15,000............ $20,000
Current Scores: Equifax: 761 (Fico) TransUnion: 751 (Fico) Experian: 768 (Fico)
Message 17 of 22
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Ubuntu wrote:
 Ten months after getting the first card my score hit 802 and then earlier this month the change from FICO 04 to FICO 8 factored out my AU accounts and dropped me to 732 (ouch).

Remember that this "change" impacted only what YOU see, not what the issuers see.  They would pull (a version of) FICO 04 or FICO 08 as before, just now you get to see what a FICO 08 puller has been seeing all along.

Message 18 of 22
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

I would jump on that offer, i am still waiting for them to offer me the 50k i only have been offered the 25k. I would apply if i need it that is. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 19 of 22
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

I would jump on that offer, i am still waiting for them to offer me the 50k i only have been offered the 25k. I would apply if i need it that is. 

I'm also going to sit tight and wait for the 50k offer before i apply.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.