cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got an email for a PRG. What does this mean?

tag
Ubuntu
Regular Contributor

Re: Got an email for a PRG. What does this mean?

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Ubuntu wrote:
 Ten months after getting the first card my score hit 802 and then earlier this month the change from FICO 04 to FICO 8 factored out my AU accounts and dropped me to 732 (ouch).

Remember that this "change" impacted only what YOU see, not what the issuers see.  They would pull (a version of) FICO 04 or FICO 08 as before, just now you get to see what a FICO 08 puller has been seeing all along.

Hi longtimelurker,

I've been part of the FICO "change" discussion on a couple of other threads and I both agree and disagree. When I use the word "change" what I mean is "switch".  The two words are synonyms but I'll start using "switch" as it's more accurate in this case.  Your comment, and most of the ones given by frequent posters, is completely true in that nothing has changed in our reports and that the FICO 8 scores have been available to lenders for some time so I completely agree with you in that regard.

Where I disagree slightly is that the switch from being provided a FICO 8 score, from the Beacon 5 or TU 98 scores I was accustomed to, is that there was a major change in my understanding of how some lenders perceive me.  I now have a difference of 60 to 70 points on the two different systems because my AU accounts have been incorrectly factored out of my score likely due to my last name not being the same as my fiance's. We've had the same address for 8 years and I've been making payments on those accounts for 8 years but I have no avenue to convince the CRAs of that.

TL;DR In short (I guess it's too late for that now... Smiley Wink) the "change" that occurred because of the switch in algorithms is in my understanding of how some lenders see me.  That may not be a true change in reality it's still a major change to me.

Message 21 of 22
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Got an email for a PRG. What does this mean?

I understand the subjective aspect.  But I guess I don't know how much weight to give it!  To me, what matters is "Will I get this card/mortgage/loan, and with what conditions?"  This varies with my credit report, but not with what iFico version is reported to me.

I guess ideally we want a way to see the 04 and 08 scores (and ideally others such as credit card weighted etc) which sounds to be like a product MyFico could easily sell to many here!

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.