Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got an email from Chase - thought it was interesting

tag
ceejx
Established Contributor

Got an email from Chase - thought it was interesting

Just got this email from Chase, figured what I highlighted in red might be useful to a lot of you guys like it is me... this is one of the reasons I love Chase...

COMING SOON!
WE’RE MAKING A HELPFUL IMPROVEMENT TO CHASE ONLINE.
At Chase, we’re always using feedback from customers like you to bring you a superior online experience. So we’re making an update to chase.com that will make managing your Chase credit card account more convenient.

IMPROVED PAYMENT FEATURES
When you make a payment from your Chase checking account, your available credit on your credit card will be updated right away. So if you have an important purchase to make, you can be confident that you’ll be able to do so immediately.
As a reminder, you still have the flexibility to choose the exact date — including weekends and holidays — when you want your Chase credit card payment to be credited to your credit card account.

AN UPDATED ACCOUNT SUMMARY
All the information you need to stay on top of your account, including your payment history, balance due, available credit and more, will now be conveniently summarized on one simple screen.
We’ve also added helpful reminders such as "Due date is in 5 days" or "Payment is past due" so you always know what’s happening with your account.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Elcid89
Contributor

Re: Got an email from Chase - thought it was interesting

Useful info, thanks.

With the caveat that Chase's demand products aren't much to speak about, IMO, and they won't open a checking account for anyone who lives outside their service areas.

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 2 of 11
TheConductor
Established Contributor

Can't say I would agree about Chase's demand products not being much to speak about.  

Their checking pretty consistently has a sign-up bonus between $125 and $300. For many, many checking customers, that's more than they would earn in 2 or 3 years of having one of those hard-to-maintain 2-3% high-interest checking accounts. Those are great for people who are primarily savers, but for folks who are heavy spenders or heavy investors and consequently don't keep a large checking balance, the Chase bonus is pretty good.

Plus, you have the Chase Exclusives bonuses that apply if you also have a Chase credit card.

Are they the best in the business for checking? Hardly. But they're far from the worst, either.

Starting: EQ 622 (myFICO 7/7/12), EX 696 (TU FAKO 8/14/12), TU 621 (CK TransRisk 7/24/12), Total CL $1k on 2 TLs
Current: EQ 709 (CCT 2/4/15), EX 704 (CCT 2/4/15) , TU 702 (CCT 2/4/15), Total CL $110.3k on 14 TLs Goal: 740+ x3
My Wallet: Amex BCP $30k, Chase United Explorer $16k, Amex SPG $13.5k, Barclaycard Ring MC $12.5k, Chase CSP VS $12.2k, Discover it $10.5k, C1 Venture VS $6.5k, Chase Slate $3.5k, Amex Hilton Surpass $2k, Barclaycard Apple V $2k, Chase Freedom V $1100, BoA Cash Rewards V $500, Citi BestBuy $500
My Loans: Prosper $25k/36mo, Prosper $17k/36mo
My Business: Chase Ink VS $5k, Amex BRG NPSL (> 10k),
Message 3 of 11
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

They really need to open up their checking accounts to out of state folk.  I can't see why online only banks do this and BM banks don't.  I've had an eTrade account for 7 years until recently.  They have no geographic limitations.  The nearest CHASE is in NJ for me, however with their mobile app, I wouldn't need to visit a branch.

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 4 of 11
john398
Senior Contributor

Thats nice they will make payments update right away from a Chase account, I am usure they make more money on a credit transaction than a debit transaction and its safer for us too Smiley Happy its win win

Message 5 of 11
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

This is great info! I have a $150 reward to open a chase checking at home, I might just do this. I work for another bank, but I wont tell Smiley Wink haha

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 6 of 11
djrez4
Established Contributor

@john398 wrote:

Thats nice they will make payments update right away from a Chase account, I am usure they make more money on a credit transaction than a debit transaction and its safer for us too Smiley Happy its win win

That's the biggest bonus I take from it.  It's silly that it takes 24 hours for a payment from my Chase account to post on my Chase credit card.

Message 7 of 11
john398
Senior Contributor

@djrez4 wrote:

@john398 wrote:

That's the biggest bonus I take from it.  It's silly that it takes 24 hours for a payment from my Chase account to post on my Chase credit card.

Has Chase already made this happen? and is it for all cards? I mean making the available credit available when you make a payment froma chase checking account?

Message 8 of 11
djrez4
Established Contributor

I thought I noticed it when I paid my cards this month.  The current balance didn't change immediately, but available credit did.

Message 9 of 11
Ron1
Super Contributor

It is nice to know. I already took  $200 bonus to open a checking earlier this year. They already gave me 10/10 bonus for Chase Freedom.

Ron.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.