Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got an itch to app!!!

tag
Lambo23
Frequent Contributor

Got an itch to app!!!

I've been itching to get a card with rewards and a CL that grows quickly. I use paypal and eBay a lot so why not the paypal extras MasterCard? Especially with so many people reporting their ridiculously high limits with this card! I also need to fill a gap for restaurants when my freedom and discover don't have them in a 5% category. So I apped.

APPROVED FOR 1k!! Not a bad starting limit for me. I know it'll grow!! Now back to the garden! For good this time!

Also, I filled out the online app through my paypal account and it told me to call in. I called and after 5 mins of automated crap I finally spoke with a few script readers which was super annoying and they also made me give my social about 3 times which was also annoying. They had to verify my identity which is weird because I've had my paypal account for at least 7 years and use it every month. They put me on hold several times and also had to send me a text for verification. I thought it was a little weird. The call took about 15 minutes. I have no clue what he was actually doing when i was on hold because he didnt tell me. He just told me he had to put me on hold "to verify my identity." He did this 3 times. I was real annoyed and by the end of the call when he told me I'm approved and I just said okay thanks with no enthusiasm at all! Lol I hope I don't need to deal with customer service again! I'm happy I got approved though!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Got an itch to app!!!

Congrats on your approval and PayPal is really big on id verifications. Wait until they ask you for the randomly generated code! Their call center leaves much to be desired but if you limit it to CLI's then you won't have to deal with them at all.
Message 2 of 9
SteveUrkel
Frequent Contributor

Congratss!!!

*22 Years Old* Started my credit at age 19
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature- $9,200 II TFCU - $2,500 II Amex BCE - $2,400 II Paypal Extras Mastercard - $7,600 II American Eagle VISA - $3300 II Best Buy Visa - $3,000 II Chase Slate - $500
Message 3 of 9
rex_03
Contributor

Congrats on the approval albeit the bull you had to endure. Hope I don't have to call for customer service anytime soon..
Message 4 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Lambo23 wrote:
I've been itching to get a card with rewards and a CL that grows quickly. I use paypal and eBay a lot so why not the paypal extras MasterCard? Especially with so many people reporting their ridiculously high limits with this card! I also need to fill a gap for restaurants when my freedom and discover don't have them in a 5% category. So I apped.

APPROVED FOR 1k!! Not a bad starting limit for me. I know it'll grow!! Now back to the garden! For good this time!

Also, I filled out the online app through my paypal account and it told me to call in. I called and after 5 mins of automated crap I finally spoke with a few script readers which was super annoying and they also made me give my social about 3 times which was also annoying. They had to verify my identity which is weird because I've had my paypal account for at least 7 years and use it every month. They put me on hold several times and also had to send me a text for verification. I thought it was a little weird. The call took about 15 minutes. I have no clue what he was actually doing when i was on hold because he didnt tell me. He just told me he had to put me on hold "to verify my identity." He did this 3 times. I was real annoyed and by the end of the call when he told me I'm approved and I just said okay thanks with no enthusiasm at all! Lol I hope I don't need to deal with customer service again! I'm happy I got approved though!

CONGRATS!!!! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 9
Lambo23
Frequent Contributor

Well called today to see if they would give me a higher limit. Lol just for kicks. Asked for 5k. Did not approve. Took 10 minutes of on hold to get the denial. Darn.

I'll be waiting around 6 months and calling again. I want a 5k limit card so bad so I will ask for that again. If they don't approve me for the 5k limit will the potentially counter offer?
Message 6 of 9
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 7 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats 

A little more time and you will get that 5K card 

slow and steady

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 8 of 9
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Congrats to you!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.