Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got another offer from Citi today

tag
islandchild82
Frequent Contributor

Re: Got another offer from Citi today

Hey Cheddar,

Have you tried the latex mattresses? I work for a chiropractor and my boss uses one and recommends them to patients, especially since some people don't like the Tempurpedic. They usually run about $2k less than Tempurpedic, although I think the Tempurpedic is great! Additionally, if you have a chiropractor, they can buy Tempurpedic at cost and may sell them for less. We usually sell things like that far below retail so people can actually afford them.

BTW, I really like Citi. I'll like them even more if they combine my two cards when I call and ask them to sometime this month.
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

islandchild82 wrote:
Hey Cheddar,

Have you tried the latex mattresses? I work for a chiropractor and my boss uses one and recommends them to patients, especially since some people don't like the Tempurpedic. They usually run about $2k less than Tempurpedic, although I think the Tempurpedic is great! Additionally, if you have a chiropractor, they can buy Tempurpedic at cost and may sell them for less. We usually sell things like that far below retail so people can actually afford them.

BTW, I really like Citi. I'll like them even more if they combine my two cards when I call and ask them to sometime this month.

Funny you mentioned this.  Just a few minutes before I read your post, DFiancee called and said her chiropractor told her he could get us a discount on a Tempurpedic.  Not sure how big of a discount we'll get yet, though.

Cool.  Thanks for the input.

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
I agree about saving the offers and keeping an eye on the expiration date.

But I do want to point out to those who understandably say that there is no point in fighting for optimum scores by managing util, timing your payments, and so forth, until you're ready to app for something: you never know when an intriguing offer will come along and maybe change your timetable. If you can stand to do the maintenance involved in optimizing scores, you will be in the best position possible if something pops up that makes sense.

Or if your back demands the benefits of Swedish visco-elastic technology! Smiley Wink

Well put hauling! My sentiments exactly! You never know what looms right around the corner, or in your mailbox today. Smiley Happy
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
So I posted a thread about a week ago about how excited I was to receive my first preapproved offer from a prime lender, specifically Citi-Flex LOC.
Seems Citi is really after me. Today I got an offer for Platinum Select MC.
It's not on my wishlist. No rewards. But....they're offering me 0% for 12 months and 9.9% fixed after that. This is the best APR I have ever been offered. The next closest was a WaMu preapproval I received for 11.99% variable.
I don't like non-rewards cards, but I do like the APR on this one.
Should I go for it? (After my three month rule is up, naturally.)

The BoA Amex, which I know is on your wishlist, has a 9.9% fixed APR.

the boa amex has either 9.99 OR 15.99%, check the terms and conditions. i was lucky enough the get the 9.99%. sw damage -15 new account and short credit history causes.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.