cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got approval from AMEX for the Clear...something in the letter I'm little confused about

tag
Sunnybity
Contributor

Got approval from AMEX for the Clear...something in the letter I'm little confused about

And I quote.....Our records indicate that you have additional American Express credit cards(s). We have taken your existing American Express lines of credit into consideration when assigning the line of credit on your new account. If at anytime you would like to reallocate your credit lines among your existing American Express cards, please call the number on the back of your card...... Does that mean I could possibly close my Blue Cash card and combine the balance to the Clear. I'm not sure. Help.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Got approval from AMEX for the Clear...something in the letter I'm little confused about

I would call them and ask.
Message 2 of 8
Sunnybity
Contributor

Re: Got approval from AMEX for the Clear...something in the letter I'm little confused about

I was thinking that very same thing. Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 8
doood71
Regular Contributor

I believe it allows you to move your credit around, basically take credit from one card and allocate it to another card. There was a recent thread about this about a week ago might want to search for it.
2/15/2011 TU: 773 ~ EQ: 780
8/15/2011 TU: 766 ~ EQ: 783 ~ EX: 753 (psecu)
Message 4 of 8
doood71
Regular Contributor

that should be some help
2/15/2011 TU: 773 ~ EQ: 780
8/15/2011 TU: 766 ~ EQ: 783 ~ EX: 753 (psecu)
Message 5 of 8
Sunnybity
Contributor

Wow! Very helpful link. Thanks.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes. it means you can close other cards you don't want and combile credit limits....though FICO gods would advise not to do that. manual review may question "closed by creditor " status of your closed AMEX Blue. might also limit your current open accounts. I would not close anything. i would leave everything intact except i would move available credit  if i had to.
Good luck.
Message 7 of 8
Sunnybity
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
yes. it means you can close other cards you don't want and combile credit limits....though FICO gods would advise not to do that. manual review may question "closed by creditor " status of your closed AMEX Blue. might also limit your current open accounts. I would not close anything. i would leave everything intact except i would move available credit if i had to.
Good luck.

I don't think I will close the Blue Cash even though I have yet to learn what the CL will be on the Clear to even consider allocating limits. I was expecting the card in the mail today so maybe I will get that surprise on Monday. Thanks for the advice.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.