Not applicable

Re: Got approved for Barclays!

Which Barclay card is it?

Message 11 of 13
DVH1980
Contributor

Just the standard visa
*USAA WORLD MC 18k* *USAA VISA 12k* *AMEX BCE 10k* *DISCOVER IT 15k* *AMEX ZYNC* *B of A SIGNATURE CASH 15k* *NAVY FEDERAL PLATINUM 20k* *CITI DOUBLE CASH 15k* *Veridian CU 14k* *Barclays Apple 12.5k*

Message 12 of 13
score_building
Senior Contributor

@DVH1980 wrote:
Question.....before getting the barclays card I had already been granted 2 additional credit cards and an auto loan, none of which have appeared on my credit reports. Will barclays view this negatively once they report even though I had applied for these before their card or do they only care about inquiries after their credit has been issued?

wouldn't sweat it but what Barclays didn't see when they pulled for the app will be 'new' to them next time they review your report, although inqs can give them a clue that there may be new account(s) appearing soon, depending on what report they land on.  In any case, congrats!  Building can be rewarding, treat the new accounts well and enjoy Smiley Happy

At the time I applied for a Barclays co-brand didn't know about them sometimes being so jumpy with new accounts--had applied for a handful of accounts (was in building mode) shortly after Barclays approval and it hasn't been a problem so far.  

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.