cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got approved for the CSR but question...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got approved for the CSR but question...

Instantly approved for the CSR with a $36k limit. Pretty stoked since I have quite a bit of traveling this year.

One question I have though... how much would my credit change if i applied for another card? 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Got approved for the CSR but question...

@Anonymous wrote:

Instantly approved for the CSR with a $36k limit. Pretty stoked since I have quite a bit of traveling this year.

One question I have though... how much would my credit change if i applied for another card? 

Welcome to the forums!

FICO scores can change in regards to new cards for a bundle of reasons, both up and down.

What was your AAoA before the Chase card reports and after?

Did you have any new accounts on your credit report before the Chase card reports, within the past 3, 6 or 12 months? Not just credit cards but any accounts.

Inquiries matter for 12 months.

Do you have aggregate utilization higher than 8% before the Chase card reports?

I'll be honest, though: if you were instantly approved for a CSR for that high of a starting limit, I'd say you can snag 2-3 more cards right now with no MAJOR negative effect on you reports.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to be here!

My AAoA is 4 years 6 months so about to pass my 5 year mark.

My last card was 3 years 9 months ago and my last hard pull was 1 year 8 months ago which was for my vehicle. 

My CU is generally 0% but I jud had 2 surgeries so it's at 5% currently not including the 36K limit. 

With the 36k on the CSR it will actually double my overall limitet which was previously $35,650. 

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

On a side note.. my credit score is at 805 accross the board. My goal is to hit 850 eventually... 

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

On a side note.. my credit score is at 805 accross the board. My goal is to hit 850 eventually... 

Your profile is strong enough that you can have 850s anytime you want to, just play the FICO game a tiny bit better, lol.  Honestly, if you wanted 850s this year, all you need is to play the game for those remaining 45 points.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really? I just assumed my AAoA had to be 10+ years and I needed to make a ton more per year... I'm going to have to look into this furthur. 

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Make a ton more? Income has zero effect on credit score. It's not a factor at all.

Chris
Message 7 of 12
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

If I were in your shoes I would apply for the Freedom and Freedom Unlimited cards if you don’t already have them and maximize the earning potential for UR points. You’re pretty much guaranteed to get them with your profile.

I don’t really see the point in playing the game to work your score up higher. The point of having a high score is to get credit approvals. Anything above around 750 is good enough to get approved for most products. You’ve “made it” in terms of score potential. Now get the rewards.

Just my opinion. Everyone’s goals are different.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I already have the Freedom so I'm doing pretty well in that department. The CSR makes my 4th card in total.

As far as income.. I thought the more you used your cards the more it helped.

Message 9 of 12
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Not really.  You want to have a small balance on at least one card, but otherwise it's best to have the rest of them paid off at zero.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.