cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got burned by Amex, Only allowing 1 payment a day.

tag
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

Re: Got burned by Amex, Only allowing 1 payment a day.

@Remedios wrote:

@Credit12Fico wrote:

Silly me bought a sandwhich on my Platinum on the 25th.  Statement closing on the 27th. Normally greedy amex will post charges same day or next day so I thought I could pay if off before statement cut. Well they refused to post that sandwhich charge same day or next day. It was still pending as of today. Clearly someone in their back office works at Key bank (@Remedios Smiley Happy). They have it out for me.  Today I went to pay it off. Oddly it was only letting me pay $6, but no more since I had no balance. The sandwhich was $6.50. So I pay the $6 and as soon as I pay it, the charge from the sandwhich shop posted.  But only the remaining 50 cents.  So now I try to pay that 50 cents off from the app. The app won't let me pay it. I call up Amex and beg the agent to take the payment so my Amex won't cut with a balance to the bureaus (for those of you who have been following, you know the backstory....). The kind agent can't take the payment for 50 cents. The system isn't letting her. She says I can only make a payment once in 24 hours. Platinum concierge my rear Smiley Happy

Now you all might be wondering who this lunatic is crying about a 50 cent balance. But I have somehow gotten hosed left right and center by my lenders and Amex will be my 4th card reporting a balance now. I'm livid. 

I have no idea why you're mentioning me but now that I'm here, 50 cents will not report, Metro 2 doesn't allow for amounts lower than 1.00 which is why none of reported balances show anything past full dollar amount 

It was your wisdom that let me know that someone in the back office at Key bank does not have it out for me if I'm not mistaken Smiley LOL

Message 11 of 37
TheRedHat
Established Contributor

Next time, maybe put that $6.50 on a debit card if you have to make a transaction so close to the closing date? Just a thought?

Last update: 4/8/2024
Chopping Block:

Goal Cards
Message 12 of 37
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Credit12Fico wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@Credit12Fico wrote:

Silly me bought a sandwhich on my Platinum on the 25th.  Statement closing on the 27th. Normally greedy amex will post charges same day or next day so I thought I could pay if off before statement cut. Well they refused to post that sandwhich charge same day or next day. It was still pending as of today. Clearly someone in their back office works at Key bank (@Remedios Smiley Happy). They have it out for me.  Today I went to pay it off. Oddly it was only letting me pay $6, but no more since I had no balance. The sandwhich was $6.50. So I pay the $6 and as soon as I pay it, the charge from the sandwhich shop posted.  But only the remaining 50 cents.  So now I try to pay that 50 cents off from the app. The app won't let me pay it. I call up Amex and beg the agent to take the payment so my Amex won't cut with a balance to the bureaus (for those of you who have been following, you know the backstory....). The kind agent can't take the payment for 50 cents. The system isn't letting her. She says I can only make a payment once in 24 hours. Platinum concierge my rear Smiley Happy

Now you all might be wondering who this lunatic is crying about a 50 cent balance. But I have somehow gotten hosed left right and center by my lenders and Amex will be my 4th card reporting a balance now. I'm livid. 

I have no idea why you're mentioning me but now that I'm here, 50 cents will not report, Metro 2 doesn't allow for amounts lower than 1.00 which is why none of reported balances show anything past full dollar amount 

It was your wisdom that let me know that someone in the back office at Key bank does not have it out for me if I'm not mistaken Smiley LOL

I lied. They talk about you all the time 

Message 13 of 37
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

@TheRedHat wrote:

Next time, maybe put that $6.50 on a debit card if you have to make a transaction so close to the closing date? Just a thought?

Debit card? I don't know her. 

I opened my wallet and was going to pull out a chase card for the dining bonus, but then saw the shiny platinum sitting there and remembered I was getting the restaurant bonus from the sign up promotion. I figured they'd post it same day given their greedy past habits. I never imagined it would take 2 days to post, and not only that, but their "platinum service" refused to accept a 50 cent payment or even credit my account the 50 cents for the ridiculousness of the situation. What are they afraid of?  If they are afraid that my 50 cent payment is going to bounce, then I'm not sure why they approved me for a Platinum card Smiley Happy....They should have closed my account on the spot if they don't think I'm good for a 50 cent tab Smiley LOL

Message 14 of 37
7774x
Established Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@7774x wrote:

@Credit12Fico wrote:

what the problem ? enjoy the freedom credit cards give.. spend time on nickels .?.If you don't want balances,  ever think cutting down   ## of cards ,or paying cash?

Have you? 

Never worry about balances on Ccs.. have 2 friends who play zero balance CC game... mostly not happy ,fretting with zero balances when going out...I carry $100-200 in bills, plus 4 CCs..no balance concerns ..try it

Message 15 of 37
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@7774x wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@7774x wrote:

@Credit12Fico wrote:

what the problem ? enjoy the freedom credit cards give.. spend time on nickels .?.If you don't want balances,  ever think cutting down   ## of cards ,or paying cash?

Have you? 

Never worry about balances on Ccs.. have 2 friends who play zero balance CC game... mostly not happy ,fretting with zero balances when going out...I carry $100-200 in bills, plus 4 CCs..no balance concerns ..try it

IMG_20211214_135558.gif

Message 16 of 37
Kforce
Valued Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

IMG_20211214_135558.gif

How did you get a gif of my cat ?

Message 17 of 37
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Credit12Fico wrote:

@TheRedHat wrote:

Debit card? I don't know her. 

I opened my wallet and was going to pull out a chase card for the dining bonus, but then saw the shiny platinum sitting there and remembered I was getting the restaurant bonus from the sign up promotion. I figured they'd post it same day given their greedy past habits. I never imagined it would take 2 days to post, and not only that, but their "platinum service" refused to accept a 50 cent payment or even credit my account the 50 cents for the ridiculousness of the situation. What are they afraid of?  If they are afraid that my 50 cent payment is going to bounce, then I'm not sure why they approved me for a Platinum card Smiley Happy....They should have closed my account on the spot if they don't think I'm good for a 50 cent tab Smiley LOL

LOL! They didnt have the sandwich. You did. You borrowed the money to have a snack. Paid it back. Next time get a slider and dont be so greedy on a sandwich. Smiley Very Happy

Message 18 of 37
HHH71
New Contributor

I'm similarialy obsessed with no balances posting and pay as I go on all my cards. However, my AMEX platinum card doesn't get that same obsessive focus because it's a charge card and the balance won't show up in your utilization anyway. Last month I made a $3,500 purchase and it made it on the statement. Nothing happened to my credit or utilization.

Message 19 of 37
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Credit12Fico wrote:

Next time just push a payment, rather than pull it.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.