Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got my AMEX denial letter today...

tag
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Re: Got my AMEX denial letter today...

@LilNYC wrote:

In my exp collections from cable companies are usually easy to dispute & have removed from your CR. do you remember if you gave them your social sec # when u established your acct? If you didn't simply dispute the coll w all 3 CBs Stating that it's not your acct & that there was never any acct assoc with ur soc sec number with xyz company. It worked for me.

it's been several years ago (going on 6yrs) i'm sure i had to give my ssn.

i disputed using Experian's online site and they "investigated" it but came back with a report stating that I needed to contact the CA about it. I guess when I have time off from work I will contact them and see if they can remove it. I thought this was taken care of back in 2007 when I bought my first house. It showed up on my CR and I had no clue what it was so i went to the cable company and they removed the fee's and gave me a paper to give to BoA for my mortgage stating it was their mistake and told me that they would tell the CA to take it off my report, but here it is nearly 6yrs later and it still showing up on there.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 11 of 15
JonStur
Established Contributor

I would also consider typing a letter to the credit bureaus explaining the situation and include a copy of the letter AT&T gave you and mail it to to them. Sometimes you may have to go this route as opposed to doing it online.

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 12 of 15
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@JonStur wrote:

I would also consider typing a letter to the credit bureaus explaining the situation and include a copy of the letter AT&T gave you and mail it to to them. Sometimes you may have to go this route as opposed to doing it online.

Thats a good idea, but the letter went to my mortgage company back in 2007, and it had nothing to do with AT&T.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 13 of 15
OneStepFurther
Established Member

FWIW, I have had the Zync $500 hard limit for a little over a year.  A few months back, which it reached the 10 month mark, I tested the waters to see if having the zync would help me get a revolver.  At that time I only had 2 old baddies that were scheduled to drop off within 6 months.  I think I tried for the blue back then, I can't remember. Anyway, it was denied for basically the same reasons you were.  My util was probably about 25%, no other problems. 

Since then, both baddies have dropped off and when I app'd again it came back denied.  The problem is, I think, they did a SP and used a report from last month which only showed one of the baddies removed.  (Neither of them were actually that bad, both were in the $300-400 range.)  Anyway, in my case, the Zync is about 13 months old, positive history, but even with one baddie showing I was denied. I think if I recon and have them do a HP, it will probably be approved because the same day, I app'd for the Citi TY Premier, instant approval with 5K limit. Smiley Very Happy

ETA: For me, having the Zync didn't help me get a revolver any quicker.

Message 14 of 15
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@CK_Charles_Lover wrote:

Have to agree, 2 1/2 months with a zync with a hard limit, probably not going to work out. The good news only a SP and you can use that experian letter to get your report for free. Go to experian and click the "denied" credit and fill it out. 90 days (great if you don't get already). 

ps. if you have come 100 points ahead in a year imagine where you could be another year. Patience will be your best friend.

+1

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.