Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got my Amex BCE 3X

tag
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Got my Amex BCE 3X

Well. i was hesitating on applying for the 3X after 61 days, but I finally pulled the trigger at 61 + 6 days Smiley Wink

I received the full 3X, going from $2000 to $6000 credit limit.

I them immediately purchased a new HDTV online for $1000. Which would have been 50% utilization on that credit card before is now a manageable 17%.

I think I'll let this months Amex bill show up on my credit reports before I pay in full (i'm only a week into the statement period). I like to occasionally show all creditors that I do use the various credit cards significantly and that I do pay in full. Of course, I only do that when I'm not planning any new CLI's or credit card applications anytime soon Smiley Wink

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Got my Amex BCE 3X

Message 2 of 15
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Very Nice....Congrats!! 

*8/10/13
Message 3 of 15
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats X3 CLI

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 15
Open123
Super Contributor

Nice!

3X CL is the best!

Message 5 of 15
dabrian
Frequent Contributor

Congrats to you.

NFCU Sig Cash-20k/ Amex BCP-19.4k/ Amex Costco-1.2k/Chase Marriott-12k/CSP-13.4k/ Freedom-5.5k/ Discover IT-14k/NCSECU-5k/Walmart-10k/Lowes-25k
Message 6 of 15
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

congrats on our cli Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 7 of 15
martinkk
Contributor

Congrats!
Message 8 of 15
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

Well. i was hesitating on applying for the 3X after 61 days, but I finally pulled the trigger at 61 + 6 days Smiley Wink

I received the full 3X, going from $2000 to $6000 credit limit.

I them immediately purchased a new HDTV online for $1000. Which would have been 50% utilization on that credit card before is now a manageable 17%.

I think I'll let this months Amex bill show up on my credit reports before I pay in full (i'm only a week into the statement period). I like to occasionally show all creditors that I do use the various credit cards significantly and that I do pay in full. Of course, I only do that when I'm not planning any new CLI's or credit card applications anytime soon Smiley Wink

Are there any tips for an Amex newbie?? Any spending and/or payment behavior? I too was approved for initial limit of $2,000 (pretty disappointed).  I will heavily rely on the 3x CLI

Message 9 of 15
Omnipotent
Regular Contributor

@ LawStudentCivilis

What do your scores, history, inquiries, and income look like?

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.