Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got my first Amex in the mail today!

tag
ramblin_wreck08
Regular Contributor

Got my first Amex in the mail today!

Got home today and had three envelopes from AmEx!  One with the acceptance letter, another with the terms and rewards/benefits info, and the last had om my home pack rewards info with Lowes gift card.  I've gotta say that the Zync itself looks great.  Don't know why, but I'm really excited to have an AmEx charge card in my wallet.  Looking forward to using it without worrying about credit limits or % utilization.

Still wondering if I should have gone for the PR Gold, but with the roughly $12k I charge per year, it would have been hard to make it financially beneficial to have the gold, even with the full Membership Rewards.  But I think I'll be really happy with the Zync for now.

Amex BCP $20k | PenFed Platinum Rewards VS $16.5k | Amex HHonors $10k
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

Re: Got my first Amex in the mail today!

Congrats!

Message 2 of 7
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

If you decide to App for PR Gold wait till January, then you will get 8 months of free backdating goodness for your AAoA. And possibly first year AF waived. 

Congats!

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 3 of 7
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

Congrats! Great feeling, huh?

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 4 of 7
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@ramblin_wreck08 wrote:

Got home today and had three envelopes from AmEx!  One with the acceptance letter, another with the terms and rewards/benefits info, and the last had om my home pack rewards info with Lowes gift card.  I've gotta say that the Zync itself looks great.  Don't know why, but I'm really excited to have an AmEx charge card in my wallet.  Looking forward to using it without worrying about credit limits or % utilization.

Still wondering if I should have gone for the PR Gold, but with the roughly $12k I charge per year, it would have been hard to make it financially beneficial to have the gold, even with the full Membership Rewards.  But I think I'll be really happy with the Zync for now.

Wow how great that is and you should be proud of your achievement! Really happy for you.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 5 of 7
ramblin_wreck08
Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone!  I know my Citi Dividends World Mastercard is probably a harder card to get just because of the "World" designation, but having a NPSL AmEx is a great feeling!

Amex BCP $20k | PenFed Platinum Rewards VS $16.5k | Amex HHonors $10k
Message 6 of 7
CK_Charles_Lover
Regular Contributor

Congrats. You are gonna love amex. 

Trans Union Fico (Walmart) ,690 Experian Fico (Amex) 686(Opened 3 new accounts this month. In the Garden)

AMEX BCE ($19,500) AMEX PRG -(NPSL), BARCLAYS US AIR PREMIER WORLD ($10,000), BOA CASH REWARD -($6,000), CITI HILTON RESERVE SIGGY-(5,000), WALMART DISCOVER ( $5,800), CITI DIAMOND ($4,700), CITI DIVIDED WORLD ($4,500), AMAZON STORE($5,000), NORDSTROM VISA SIG($5,000), PAYPAL STORE ($4,000) Amex Delta Gold ($2000)
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.