Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got my hopes up...of course Cap1 let me down

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Got my hopes up...of course Cap1 let me down

At the same time though if they didn't want to keep the bussiness they wouldn't change the credit limits for some of the people calling in. 

Message 11 of 95
jsucool76
Super Contributor

How old is your account?
Message 12 of 95
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Immature? Credit is essential to American life... Interest rates can affect a person tremendously. What's immature is Cap1's lame excuse every time someone requests a cli... I'm sure everyone has it memorized. I work for a corporation quite closely, and personally it def'ly in the CEO's job descript to make sure customers are satisfied. I could understand being denied if I had a bk, really bad credit, or something similar. A reasonable excuse for denial would be concrete, but they are basically denying most clis because of what appears to be their business model. I really am very nice and have great phone etiquette as I make an effort to do so because I hate dealing with irrate customers at my place of employment.

If the CEO of a BANK isn't focusing om creditworthy customers, who pay his multimillion dollar salary btw, what is his job?! LOL. This idea that CEO's mustn't be involved with customer service is outlandish in itself LOL.
I know it's always ymmv with anything credit related lol but the fact is, I've worked super hard to keep my credit score high and just in life in general.

Lol.. I'm just gonna stop this rant hahah
:-)

I'm just gonna take Creditchampion's advice :-)

Thanks yall!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 13 of 95
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I don't feel owed credit in anyway...just frustrated by Cap1 like everyone else. Haha
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 14 of 95
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

Not to sound edited, but if you have good credit why do you even bother with Capital One at all? You should be able to qualify for much better card products with other lenders like Amex, Citi, BOA, US Bank, Chase, Discover, etc. Why keep fighting a battle that you know you are going to lose? It's pretty clear that Capital One doesn't really hand out CLI's. I don't really care if they ever raise my 750.00 limit on my Cap One card because the only time I ever use it is if the merchant doesn't accept Amex by chance.

Move on to bigger and better fish imo

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 15 of 95
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Well I do have bigger and better cards, Cap One is my oldest @ 6 years, so that's why....
JSU- I opened my account in April of 2006.
Last cli was Sept 2008...
I'm being reasonable I feel
And I did get a PC back in Nov 2011, so I get 1.25% cash back w no AF. I just can't use the low limit.
Message 16 of 95
calihlove75
Established Contributor

You could see what the letter says on why they declined you and then call back the executive number. If you have had the card for 6 years, I feel you are completely justified for feeling that your limit should be higher.

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 17 of 95
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Immature? Credit is essential to American life... Interest rates can affect a person tremendously. What's immature is Cap1's lame excuse every time someone requests a cli... I'm sure everyone has it memorized. I work for a corporation quite closely, and personally it def'ly in the CEO's job descript to make sure customers are satisfied. I could understand being denied if I had a bk, really bad credit, or something similar. A reasonable excuse for denial would be concrete, but they are basically denying most clis because of what appears to be their business model. I really am very nice and have great phone etiquette as I make an effort to do so because I hate dealing with irrate customers at my place of employment.

If the CEO of a BANK isn't focusing om creditworthy customers, who pay his multimillion dollar salary btw, what is his job?! LOL. This idea that CEO's mustn't be involved with customer service is outlandish in itself LOL.
I know it's always ymmv with anything credit related lol but the fact is, I've worked super hard to keep my credit score high and just in life in general.

Lol.. I'm just gonna stop this rant hahah
:-)

I'm just gonna take Creditchampion's advice :-)

Thanks yall!

I don't disagree with you that it's the CEO's job to make sure that customers are taken care of, but with a large corporation, he/she does that through implementing policies and making strategic decisions and then letting other departments handle the implementation.  Not through being personally involved in every CLI request.  Similarly, I don't think the Executive Office needs to be involved in these kinds of routine requests.  By all means, call them if you want or if you see that others are having success.  But still recognize that it's outside their normal policy and don't be surprised if they don't make another exception.  Capital One has apparently made the decision that it is in their interest, for whatever reason, to manage their credit products differently depending on which tier product you received at the time of application regardless of whether your credit has improved during that time.  I can speculate on some reasons that would make sense, but who knows why.

I'm not a fan of Capital One either.  I don't have any of their cards anymore.  But like you said, you know their response by heart when you ask for a CLI.  It's their business model.  I'm just suggesting that you quit banging your head against the wall.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 95
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

Starter and "average" credit cards from Capital One are not really designed to grow over time with you. They are great for starting out or rebuilding, but once you can get to primeville there's not much reason to bother fighting for what would be a pretty measly cli at best. It being your oldest account doesn't mean you have to bother ever using it six years down the road. If you want higher limits you really have to go for prime cards.

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 19 of 95
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yeah, I'll stop worrying about it for now lol... I just realized I really don't care. Just thought I'd be rewarded by them for once eh. It's seems like even a hassle to keep the account active for reporting purposes at this point lol... And I do love my Chase and Barclaycards lol and all my lovely GE accounts with avg lines of $6-7k

Thanks again everyone :-) love this forum!
Message 20 of 95
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.