Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got my hopes up...of course Cap1 let me down

tag
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

Re: Got my hopes up...of course Cap1 let me down

+1 I used to be kinda annoyed by Capital One's lack of CLI's...and then I reached the same conclusion as you haha. It's just so much easier to not fight it and just stop caring.

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 21 of 95
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Lol it just sucks to see some people getting huuuuugeeee cli then most get none. I have a small balance on there in hopes that they'd grant me a cli since I'm using it buuuuut clearly that didn't help lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 22 of 95
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I that case maybe I should just close Cap1 and app for a new Disc or Cit!!! Lol that simplicity looks niiiceeee!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 23 of 95
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

The card I have with them has no annual fee so I don't see any reason to close it. No foreign transaction fees can come in handy while traveling as well. Keep it as a positive tradeline to report for you

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 24 of 95
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

True that!
Message 25 of 95
Smug
Established Contributor

Personally I don't believe half of the posts here that say they do get a credit line increase from capital one. I think they're just seeking attention.
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 26 of 95
CreditChampion
Frequent Contributor

@Smug Capital One may have been reluctant to give cli in the past but not anymore. Several of long time memembers have also confirmed success in achiveing a cli by calling the executive offices. Unlinke the standard CSRs the executive office people actually LISTEN and do not read off a script and have the authority to submit your request to the right people. Several people have complained about Capital One and now they are finally starting to listen. I could post a screenshot of my cli, but I am not going to do that. Everyone has a right to their own opinion.

Fico Scores:800+Club

Marvel MC 25K AMEX BCE 18K AMEX Blue Sky 13.6K AMEX BCE 13.5K AMEX Zync
NPSL(AU) Citi Double Cash 14.5K PenFed Plat Rewards 14.5K Citi Forward 10.3k Discover it 9.5K Wells Fargo Cash Back 7.2K BankAmericard Better Balance $700 Chase Freedom $500 Capital One Quicksilver $6K Capital One Platinum (AU) $500 Capital One Secured Card (AU) $251(Closed) PenFed PLOC 14K
PenFed Promise 5K
Message 27 of 95
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

I'll vouch for them, i got two very nice CLIs

the OP is the only person i've heard of that didn't get one, maybe he didn't actually call the executive office

@Smug wrote:
Personally I don't believe half of the posts here that say they do get a credit line increase from capital one. I think they're just seeking attention.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 28 of 95
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Actually I just called again as Creditchampion suggested and got denied again... This time I wasn't as nice... The rep was rude to me to begin with... She was asking me where I got the number and if I had already requested a cli. I was honest with her. She 'said' she sp'ed me, but she didn't ask income as required by the card act. I hate to be so irritated, but their bullshi* excuses, refusal to even LOOK at my credit report, and surliness is unorthodox. I'm about ready to just write them a letter just because I can or complain to the CFPB. Not because I won't get a cli, but because they never give credit-related reasons for denial or ask for income when processing CLI. CARD Act says they must ask income. She said that's only for new apps, but I'm fairly certain that's inaccurate. Meh. Done done done!!
Message 29 of 95
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

what is your credit score? 

how long has the card been open? 

what is your income?

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 30 of 95
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.