Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got my hopes up...of course Cap1 let me down

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Got my hopes up...of course Cap1 let me down

Creditchampion- called that number. As before, I was very courteous and explained my situation...
Got all the same answers I always get :-(. Except this time, she said my account was never designated to go above $500 since it was a young adult credit builder card... She talked about how she still had one stuck at $750. She said I could send a letter to the general correspondence addy, which seems like a hassle to do, but I may do it. She said to send financials too, but I feel uncomfy doing that via snail mail. She said they can do a manual review with a letter. She was very nice, but just not helpful. I mentioned the fact that I had been PC'ed to the No Hassle Cashback, which isn't a starter card and she said that wouldn't affect the cli. She also said it was a sp, but couldn't tell me which CB.
These people are just plain shady. CLEARLY, they have the ability to increase or decrease limits as evidenced by OPs. If it wouldn't screw my credit up, I'd max out my puny $1,300 C1 and send a f*** you letter. Oh well, gonna keep trying. I have nothing to lose lol and I have fri - monday off haha of course I have social things to do as well as hw. :-P
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 61 of 95
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

That's was I always have done Laura lol :-(. I play dumb and naive quite well haha.

Ryan- I don't "need to apply" for my credit. I am simply trying to get C1 to honor my established history since THEY helped me do it. And aaoa IS a BIG deal! Surely you've read of people getting denied on here for aaoa!!!!??? Not only that, but ALL of your creditors "review" aka SP your credit regularly to check upon you to see of they can aa you in any way!!

Just weird.

Fanks yalll :-) so much help from everyone except the culprit themself, Capital One.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 62 of 95
compassion101
Established Contributor

To be fair and frank, your immaturity shows throughout this thread and I wouldn't loan you money if I was the creditor. You seem to feel entitled to it. Most likely that comes across in your phone conversations with them too.

I think you should give up this cause. You have already stated very clearly that you don't need the credit. It seems you are just seeking recognition from CapOne that you are a credit worthy individual. Your other credit lines already substantiate that and serve as your acknowledgement.

Also if you close your account, the effect on your AAoA won't be felt for ten years and will likely be very minimal by then.

Message 63 of 95
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Compassion, I don't think you are being fair or frank.

Thanks for the input.
Message 64 of 95
doc101
Regular Contributor

I talked with them today about my account and why I was turned down for a limit increase. The rep gave me the same ole song and dance routine. " We monitor each account accordingly and when Captiol One has offfers availble, we will let you know." I told the rep I was making my last payment and that I would be closing my account.

Starting Score:Equifax 543
Current Score:EQ659 TU 716 EXP677 updated 7/3/2016
Goal Score: 700

Message 65 of 95
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@doc101 wrote:

I talked with them today about my account and why I was turned down for a limit increase. The rep gave me the same ole song and dance routine. " We monitor each account accordingly and when Captiol One has offfers availble, we will let you know." I told the rep I was making my last payment and that I would be closing my account.

How long have you had the account open??

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 66 of 95
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@doc101 wrote:

If your account hasn't been open for a least a year...I don't think they consider the request. If your credit score isn't in the high 600s to mid 700s...I don't think they'd even consider a CLI. They do pull at least one upon request.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 67 of 95
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@doc101 wrote:

If your account hasn't been open for a least a year...I don't think they consider the request. If your credit score isn't in the high 600s to mid 700s...I don't think they'd even consider a CLI. They do pull at least one upon request.

If the poster got that reply, I dont think they pulled a report. They should go over denial reasons if they pulled a report.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 68 of 95
tylaw13
Regular Contributor

I almost wish i didnt say anything about my experience with Cap 1 exec office and how they got me the CLI because ever since then ive seen like 20 threads about the exec office and this is the exact reason i told people who asked for the # to wait until i was done dealing with them. i know this will probably not be an option for much longer.

EQ FICO - 725 (9/11/13) TU FICO - 724 (6/27/13) EX FICO (6/30/13) 755 AMEX
Im my wallet - Cap1 Platinum MC(2000) Chase Freedom(1500) AMEX BCE (7000) Discover IT (8000) CSP (15000) Cal Coast CU (8000)
Message 69 of 95
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@tylaw13 wrote:

I almost wish i didnt say anything about my experience with Cap 1 exec office and how they got me the CLI because ever since then ive seen like 20 threads about the exec office and this is the exact reason i told people who asked for the # to wait until i was done dealing with them. i know this will probably not be an option for much longer.

Eventually it'll get shut down but I really hope the people who been Cap1 customers for years and years get something out of them. Think of it as you helped ALOT of deserving people. Theres going to be people who really have no business calling them but it is what it is.

It would have been much better if the number was PM'ed out to people but that wasn't going to last forever.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 70 of 95
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.