tag
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: Got my hopes up...of course Cap1 let me down

@LS2982 wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@doc101 wrote:

I talked with them today about my account and why I was turned down for a limit increase. The rep gave me the same ole song and dance routine. " We monitor each account accordingly and when Captiol One has offfers availble, we will let you know." I told the rep I was making my last payment and that I would be closing my account.

How long have you had the account open??

If your account hasn't been open for a least a year...I don't think they consider the request. If your credit score isn't in the high 600s to mid 700s...I don't think they'd even consider a CLI. They do pull at least one upon request.

If the poster got that reply, I dont think they pulled a report. They should go over denial reasons if they pulled a report.

Any creditor who's pulled my report has never gone over denial reasons. They just say "You'll receive a letter stating the reason..." lol...I haven't been denied recently...unless they've changed this...

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 71 of 95
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@tylaw13 wrote:

I almost wish i didnt say anything about my experience with Cap 1 exec office and how they got me the CLI because ever since then ive seen like 20 threads about the exec office and this is the exact reason i told people who asked for the # to wait until i was done dealing with them. i know this will probably not be an option for much longer.

Eventually it'll get shut down but I really hope the people who been Cap1 customers for years and years get something out of them. Think of it as you helped ALOT of deserving people. Theres going to be people who really have no business calling them but it is what it is.

It would have been much better if the number was PM'ed out to people but that wasn't going to last forever.

In all Honesty man.. i doubt they will do anything.... i bet that office gets tonnns of calls! if you found the number, think of how many others have found that number... and then shared it as well... If it wasnt a number they wanted to get out, they would never release it to any customer.. But they did.. You didnt do anything wrong.. lets just say 100 people from here called that number.. i bet there were hundreds more calling that number from other sources... Breath easy, you didnt leak anything crucial.. you did the right thing!

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 72 of 95
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Tommy5746 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@tylaw13 wrote:

I almost wish i didnt say anything about my experience with Cap 1 exec office and how they got me the CLI because ever since then ive seen like 20 threads about the exec office and this is the exact reason i told people who asked for the # to wait until i was done dealing with them. i know this will probably not be an option for much longer.

Eventually it'll get shut down but I really hope the people who been Cap1 customers for years and years get something out of them. Think of it as you helped ALOT of deserving people. Theres going to be people who really have no business calling them but it is what it is.

It would have been much better if the number was PM'ed out to people but that wasn't going to last forever.

In all Honesty man.. i doubt they will do anything.... i bet that office gets tonnns of calls! if you found the number, think of how many others have found that number... and then shared it as well... If it wasnt a number they wanted to get out, they would never release it to any customer.. But they did.. You didnt do anything wrong.. lets just say 100 people from here called that number.. i bet there were hundreds more calling that number from other sources... Breath easy, you didnt leak anything crucial.. you did the right thing!

I dont know of many offices that get tons of calls but makes sure to ask you multiple times "where did you get this number???" Smiley Indifferent

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 73 of 95
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@Tommy5746 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@tylaw13 wrote:

I dont know of many offices that get tons of calls but makes sure to ask you multiple times "where did you get this number???" Smiley Indifferent

I'm waiting for someone to say they got it from the White Pages...OMG ahahaha

Message 74 of 95
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Tommy5746 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@tylaw13 wrote:

I'm waiting for someone to say they got it from the White Pages...OMG ahahaha

I told the guy that i got it from a Customer Service Rep.. he said "Really!?" and i said yes... i said the rep could tell that i was frustrated that my CL wouldnt increase so he gave me this number and told me my best luck was to call and see what they could do for me.. He said "Oh" lol... So, hopefully he bought my story but who knows... The good news is we... well i shouldnt say WE i should say tylaw13 (thank you btw) found a way to finally help those of us who rightfully deserve credit lines that are above 300 bucks!!

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 75 of 95
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I told the lady rep Capital One gave it to me...she didn't buy it. LOL. She immediately asked me if I found it online...I was like...umm nooo... HAHA!

Message 76 of 95
doc101
Regular Contributor

I have had the account for over 2yrs now.....pay in full each month and on time. Although it is a secured card, I have read out here that Cap 1 will sometimes give a credit limit increase.

Starting Score:Equifax 543
Current Score:EQ659 TU 716 EXP677 updated 7/3/2016
Goal Score: 700

Message 77 of 95
kobe2012
Established Contributor

am hoping this is the start of capital one giving out increases on a regular basis (every 6 months or so) of having good payment history with them and improved credit.

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 78 of 95
calihlove75
Established Contributor

@kobe2012 wrote:

am hoping this is the start of capital one giving out increases on a regular basis (every 6 months or so) of having good payment history with them and improved credit.

That is what I am hoping for. I am sitting back and just waiting to see if all of this makes a difference in the end since I am sure if they didn't understand how frustruated people were..they do now.  I would be too scared to call that number..lol!!!

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 79 of 95
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@calihlove75 wrote:

@kobe2012 wrote:

That is what I am hoping for. I am sitting back and just waiting to see if all of this makes a difference in the end since I am sure if they didn't understand how frustruated people were..they do now.  I would be too scared to call that number..lol!!!

Why would you be scared?? They put their pants on the same way I and everyone else does in the morning. They are nobody special. Either they help or they dont. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 80 of 95
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.