cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got rid of First Premier!

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted

Got rid of First Premier!

This is my first post on my journey to better credit. Last week I was approved for my 2nd Capital One Platinum, no rewards card yet, but it’s a step in the right direction. As a result, I closed my First Premier. YAY!!! Only had it 18 months, my newest card. They tried to offer the yearly $36 credit, but I moved forward with closing. Ultimate goal...AMEX of some kind. Tiny steps to success!

Starting: EX 555 (01/2019)
Current: EX 624 EQ 604 TU 583 (03/2019)
Goal: 700+
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Got rid of First Premier!

Congrats @milian2019 and welcome to the Forum!  It's a great feeling to be able to cut loose the cards that no longer serve a purpose.  Continue to do what you're doing and hopefully all the cards you desire will find their way to your lineup.  

Message 2 of 9
Regular Contributor

Congrats  and  good luck on the journey.    I've walked that path - you'll get there.

Starting Score: F8 3xx
Current Score: F8 802
Goal Score: F8 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 9
Community Leader
Valued Contributor

A wise decision. Congrats! That Amex will be yours before you know it. Can’t you feel it in your hand....

Discover It: 19.7k
Amex BCE: 18k
Citi DC: 5.7k
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Once you go Berner, you never go back.
Message 4 of 9
Super Contributor

@milian2019 wrote:

This is my first post on my journey to better credit. Last week I was approved for my 2nd Capital One Platinum, no rewards card yet, but it’s a step in the right direction. As a result, I closed my First Premier. YAY!!! Only had it 18 months, my newest card. They tried to offer the yearly $36 credit, but I moved forward with closing. Ultimate goal...AMEX of some kind. Tiny steps to success!

Congratulations.

And keep up the good work.

Total revolving limits 730000 (603500 reporting) FICO 8 scores: EQ 722 TU 764 EX 734
Message 5 of 9
Valued Contributor

You are a hero in my book just because you walked away from a relationship with First Premier unscathed.    Good for you!!   

Congrats on your rebuild progress so far Smiley Wink

Personal Aphorism:
"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"

Starting FICO 8s | 09/06/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 11/2019: EX 761 ✦ EQ 734 ✦ TU 757
Current FICO 9s | 11/2019: EX 768 ✦ EQ 775 ✦ TU 766
Highest FICO-8 Ever | 10/2018: 780 [on dirty report]

2019 Goal Score | 760s

My AAOA: 2.9 years not incl. AU / 3.0 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 6.9 years not incl. AU / 8.9 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/6 | 4/12 ✦ EQ 0/6 | 5/12 ✦ TU 0/6 | 1/12
Report Status: Clean

Tending my Garden til 6/2020

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 6 of 9
Established Contributor

You cut the sub prime rope. Congrats!
Message 7 of 9
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Love it! Congrats and keep moving forward! 

AMEX Platinum, Gold, Reserve & SPG | PenFed PR VS | NFCU FS VS | Discover IT | Citibank DC WEMC l Capital One Venture VS | Nordstrom VS l Banana Republic LUXE V I Lowes I Macys I Wayfair I
Message 8 of 9
Valued Contributor

Congrats! And good luck on the rest of your credit journey! Like you, I am hoping to get in with AmEx. I will try next month!

"Hover mouse over cards to see CL and APR info"

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.