Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got rid of First Premier!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got rid of First Premier!

This is my first post on my journey to better credit. Last week I was approved for my 2nd Capital One Platinum, no rewards card yet, but it’s a step in the right direction. As a result, I closed my First Premier. YAY!!! Only had it 18 months, my newest card. They tried to offer the yearly $36 credit, but I moved forward with closing. Ultimate goal...AMEX of some kind. Tiny steps to success!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Got rid of First Premier!

Congrats @Anonymous and welcome to the Forum!  It's a great feeling to be able to cut loose the cards that no longer serve a purpose.  Continue to do what you're doing and hopefully all the cards you desire will find their way to your lineup.  

Message 2 of 9
Lucifer
Frequent Contributor

Congrats  and  good luck on the journey.    I've walked that path - you'll get there.

Stay Liquid My Friends...

Starting Score: F8 3xx
Current Score: F8 800+
Goal Score: F8 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 9
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

A wise decision. Congrats! That Amex will be yours before you know it. Can’t you feel it in your hand....

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 4 of 9
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This is my first post on my journey to better credit. Last week I was approved for my 2nd Capital One Platinum, no rewards card yet, but it’s a step in the right direction. As a result, I closed my First Premier. YAY!!! Only had it 18 months, my newest card. They tried to offer the yearly $36 credit, but I moved forward with closing. Ultimate goal...AMEX of some kind. Tiny steps to success!

Congratulations.

And keep up the good work.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 5 of 9
thornback
Senior Contributor

You are a hero in my book just because you walked away from a relationship with First Premier unscathed.    Good for you!!   

Congrats on your rebuild progress so far Smiley Wink

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 6 of 9
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

You cut the sub prime rope. Congrats!
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Love it! Congrats and keep moving forward! 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! And good luck on the rest of your credit journey! Like you, I am hoping to get in with AmEx. I will try next month!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.