Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gotta Luv BofA

tag
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Gotta Luv BofA

I got a fairly low limit Platinum Plus card on recon a couple of months ago. The credit analyst who approved me told me my card was 0% interest for 6 months then the go to rate was 7.99%. I got my first statement online this morning and lo and behold my rate is 14.99%. Since we are in the middle of a ....storm and since I PIF anyway I have no intention of calling them. Not happy about this though. 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Re: Gotta Luv BofA

Smallfry, you are right not to worry since you PIF every month. I couldn't tell you the APR on any of my CCs. I PIF every month and plan on keeping it that way.
Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Cleanmachine
Frequent Contributor

May I suggest that you reconsider and call the credit analyst to ascertain the reason for the higher APR.

Never know until you try, they may just honor the original APR.

Message 2 of 6
Uncle_Money
Established Contributor

I agree. Call the backdoor number immediately and speak to an analyst. More times than not, I have received a positive outcome by speaking to an analyst. Besides, they may have noticed something on your reports that you're currently unaware of. Remember, with everything that's happening at the moment, lenders are frequently checking up on their customers...without letting the customer know, either. You have nothing to lose by calling! Do it!

Personal: American Express Platinum - NPSL | American Express Blue Cash Preferred - $15,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve - $38,500 | Chase Amazon Prime Visa - $7,200 | Chase Freedom - $500 | Barclaycard Arrival+ - $18,600 | PenFed Platinum Rewards - $25,000 | PenFed LOC - $10,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa - $25,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union LOC - $10,000 | Citi Double Cash - $12,170 | Citizens Cash Back+ - $8,650 | Citizens LOC Overdraft - $8,000 | Discover - $10,000 | Capital One Quicksilver One - $3,600 | Capital One Platinum - $750 | Valero - $600 | Dell - $3,000 | Lowes Advantage - $30,000 | Macys Amex - $25,000 | The Home Depot - $7,500 | Tourneau - $15,000
Business: American Express Business Platinum Card - NPSL | American Express Plum Card - NPSL | American Express SimplyCash Plus - $10,000 | American Express Gold Card - NPSL | Bank of America Cash Rewards - $100,000 | Capital One Spark Business - $54,000 | Chase Business Preferred - $34,000 | Chase Business Ink - $15,000 | PNC Bank Cash Rewards Visa Signature - $19,000 | PNC LOC $100,000 | BP Business Solutions - $1,500 | KeyBank Mastercard - $6,000 | Staples More Account - $3,500

Message 3 of 6
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Smallfry, you are right not to worry since you PIF every month. I couldn't tell you the APR on any of my CCs. I PIF every month and plan on keeping it that way.
Message 4 of 6
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Uncle_Money wrote:
I agree. Call the backdoor number immediately and speak to an analyst. More times than not, I have received a positive outcome by speaking to an analyst. Besides, they may have noticed something on your reports that you're currently unaware of. Remember, with everything that's happening at the moment, lenders are frequently checking up on their customers...without letting the customer know, either. You have nothing to lose by calling! Do it!

Believe me there is nothing new on my reports except for good tradelines that have aged two more months and a BK that is getting older by the minute. I check my reports daily checked my EX online this morning. Nothing new at all. The 14.99% rate was actually alluded to in the original packet I received when I got the card. Didn't think anything of it at the time. I'll work on the credit limit and the % rate in good time. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@smallfry wrote:

@Uncle_Money wrote:

Believe me there is nothing new on my reports except for good tradelines that have aged two more months and a BK that is getting older by the minute. I check my reports daily checked my EX online this morning. Nothing new at all. The 14.99% rate was actually alluded to in the original packet I received when I got the card. Didn't think anything of it at the time. I'll work on the credit limit and the % rate in good time. 

The thing I have noticed about ccc's, the more you PIF, the more they seem to lower your APR. BoA will certainly throw those lower rates at you to entice you to carry a balance. Everytime I call for something, I get some sort of deal.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.