Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great job Mr. Mailman...

tag
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

Re: Great job Mr. Mailman...

I've NEVER had to use my pin with ANY of my chip cards. No one asks for ID these days.

Message 41 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@OMW2_HighAcheiver wrote:
I've NEVER had to use my pin with ANY of my chip cards. No one asks for ID these days.

Nor have I. Security at its finest Smiley Sad

Message 42 of 58
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

My local grocery store actually started asking for ID's about a year ago because of an unsual amount of credit card fraud.  Only lasted about two weeks though, and they stopped asking.

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 43 of 58
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Here's my kicker. Us bank sends a AU card to my wife. So did meijers and target. No sticker on it. So I tell her to call and activate it. They tell her it comes activated. So I get on the phone like WTH you actually send out an activated card!! They're like yes that's the normal process. I tell them they need to change their process. This is how people steal and leave good people fighting for their credit.
Myusbankis9k.

Chase sent me a new card and it was already showing on my account. All someone had to do was call the number on the sticker and it was activated just from that phone call. Didn't ask for any information. Smh!!!

I've always had to activate cards from a phone # on file or do it on-line.

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 44 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Chase sent me a new card and it was already showing on my account. All someone had to do was call the number on the sticker and it was activated just from that phone call. Didn't ask for any information. Smh!!!

Are Chase cards like this in general? I have my new Hyatt card on its way to me right now. Going to be keeping an eye out for it, but am hoping that they at least require activation. 

Message 45 of 58
elim
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Are Chase cards like this in general? I have my new Hyatt card on its way to me right now. Going to be keeping an eye out for it, but am hoping that they at least require activation. 

I had to activate all 3 of mine.  I think Ritz is the one that comes activated.

Message 46 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry OP, that really sucks!! In our neighborhood it's fairly common to hear about porch package thefts and group mailbox break ins. We actually installed cameras out front (after hubby's car was stolen right out of the driveway!) One is positioned right by the front door. There's no way you could miss it lol. We're hoping it serves as a deterrent but it's sad we have to do this in the first place. The really scary part is that we catch people casing our culddesac about once a month in the middle of the night. If it weren't for the cameras we'd have had no idea!
Message 47 of 58
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

This whole thread is rather alarming. Especially considering one has NO IDEA when a CC is going to be delivered, so how would one even know that it's been compromised? Just absurd!

All of my CCs and AU CCs (including Barclay) required activation, so I'm wondering if this is a new thing. Although the Barclay's activation for my Mom's AU CC may not have been necessary since when I tried to activate it, I got an error, and when I SM them, they said, don't worry, the card's ready to use. I still have an alert on my account saying that I will have limited use until I call them, but that has yet to be the case. 

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 48 of 58
Tryingtogetbetter
Contributor

I really don't understand how so many people are getting cards without needing to activate them. This is literally the first I've ever heard of this. I've recieived many cards, new, replacements, AU cards and they have ALL required activation prior to using. When the chips started coming standard on all cards and I received replacements they all required me to call or log in online to activate. That's crazy that they are sending out cards without requiring activation first. 

Current FICO Scores as of 12/12/15 - EQ-704 TU-736 EX-708
Message 49 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had 5 major credit cards come to me without needing activation. Two were from Barclay, one from Cabela's, and can't recall the other 2 since it's been a while and I have a lot of cards. ( ha ha)

There are multiple posts on the forums about which lenders do not require people to activate their cards before using them.

Some of the ones that do require activation are a joke. Enter your zip code. Yes, any thief knows that. Better procedures would be appreciated.

The thing that bothers me is when lenders send out new chip cards without telling you they are on their way, or if there is an internal breach that requires them to replace your card. Would help to know when a card is on its way to me so I know when to look for it.

Message 50 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.