Greetings, newbie, questions.

tag
myficomatt
Regular Contributor

Re: Greetings, newbie, questions.

I found it right as you were replying.

Thanks!

Congratulations!

Your pre-qualified card offers are below. Apply now for the one that matches you best, and if approved, you’ll enjoy the benefits listed with your card.

Capital One® No Hassle
Cash™ Rewards

$29 Annual Fee

Capital One® Platinum Max™

$19 Annual Fee

Capital One®Classic Platinum card

$19 Annual Fee

Capital One®Classic Platinum card

$0 Annual Fee
Message 11 of 46
myficomatt
Regular Contributor

Also, I forgot to mention in the previous post that the debt is definitely with a collection agency. I called a while back and have actually spoken with the agency as well.
Message 12 of 46
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Excellent.

The only card you want right now is that $0 AF card.  If approved... and I would say you've got a 90% chance though I would like to know your FICOs first... you will probably start out with a $300 credit line BUT you will get 'credit steps' and should be at 2k before the 1st anniversary of the card if you keep a PERFECT history with them.

The card itself probably won't ever go above a 2.5k limit but you need this for age and the doors it will open as another positive revolving TL for you when you app with other ccc's in the future.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 13 of 46
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

myficomatt wrote:
Also, I forgot to mention in the previous post that the debt is definitely with a collection agency. I called a while back and have actually spoken with the agency as well.

Do not speak with CAs.

Though the debt is 'with' them, this does not necessarily mean they have purchased it.  I would double check with OC no matter what OC and CA are reporting.

Message Edited by SmartCookie on 01-03-2008 02:50 PM
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 14 of 46
myficomatt
Regular Contributor

Here are the results. Quite varied from Truecredit. Experian was actually the lowest on their site. TransUnion 630 1/3/2008 Equifax 617 1/3/2008 Experian 659 1/3/2008

Message Edited by myficomatt on 01-03-2008 12:08 PM
Message 15 of 46
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Absolutely awesome!

If you don't get approved with Cap1 I will eat a worm.  Smiley Tongue

My gameplan for you would be to:

Go ahead and apply for that $0 AF Cap1 card now and let us know the results (which should be good).

Do not even consider applying for anything else until you have made some headway with any disputes, GWs, DVs, and PFDs.

Never be late, learn how to play the UTI game and also pay down what you can.

Once Cap1 is reporting to all 3 bureaus you will now have 2 revolving TLs and can begin to apply for other new cards as needed.  Again, the more cleanup you do first... the better cards and terms you will be able to get.  It's not about getting all the cards you can... it's about getting a few really good ones.  

I would suggest that your next card after Cap1 be a good store card... meaning no AF, decent limit, discounts or other perks, and at a place you actually shop at.  After you have that 3rd card, consider dropping the Orchard card you have now if it has any fees...or seeing if they will unsecure it and the new terms will not have any fee, annual or otherwise.  You then will still have 2 rev TLs and you'll be ready to app for another and more prime card.  Hooters will probably give you a $0 AF and a good CL... $5k or more.... but you need something like a Citibank or BoA.... maybe an AMEX farther down the line.

Message Edited by SmartCookie on 01-03-2008 03:41 PM
Message 16 of 46
myficomatt
Regular Contributor

Approved for $300! Smiley Very Happy
Message 17 of 46
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats 

I was not looking forward to eating that worm.....

You have to celebrate by reading the Credit 101 thread again though.  Smiley Tongue

I hope this is a happy start for you since there is legwork ahead... good to start with something encouraging.

Good work! 

Message 18 of 46
myficomatt
Regular Contributor

I appreciate all of your contributions. I want to first wipe the little marks off because that's easier. After that, the large 2 chunks will be left. Do you think I should focus on the eviction or the charged-off card first?
Message 19 of 46
octavia
Regular Contributor

Congratulation on the Cap1 CC approval!!!

Octavia.
Message 20 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.