cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guaranteed approvals may be coming soon!!

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Guaranteed approvals may be coming soon!!

@pizzadude wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@clocktick wrote:

Which major bank?

J.P Morgan Chase.

Cool !!  Thank you for sharing this information ~ perhaps when I next apply for my Paladium card they will tell me to just deposit $5M in the bank and try again...Smiley Very Happy

I read that a normal person with a good score can apply; no need for $5M Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 38
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Define "normal" Smiley Happy ~ not sure that I am qualified in that department either...
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 22 of 38
CS800
Super Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:
Define "normal" Smiley Happy ~ not sure that I am qualified in that department either...

Normal as in good credit score, good salary, limited baddies Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too am hoping the program gets the green light! I'll try to keep in contact with her and update you guys when I can. On an a side note, In Bloomberg Buisnessweek I believe I read that Chase was looking for inroads into the subprime consumer credit market. I'll try to find the article.

Until then,

Cheers!

Message 24 of 38
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I too am hoping the program gets the green light! I'll try to keep in contact with her and update you guys when I can. On an a side note, In Bloomberg Buisnessweek I believe I read that Chase was looking for inroads into the subprime consumer credit market. I'll try to find the article.

Until then,

Cheers!

I'd love to see either the article (I'll go search too), or further updates from your friend.  Chase is definitely on my list of future lenders I'd like to do business with, if they offer something in the subprime area where I'm at now, I'd find a way to work that into my dastardly plan of future good credit.

It's not surprising to me that they're looking for inroads into that market though: there are several well known lenders both in traditional banks, non-traditional lenders, and also auto-financing corporations that have done very well over the last several years by selectively chasing the subprime market.  It's not a bad idea either, people can turn around their lives way ahead of actually managing to fix their credit score in a meaningful fashion, and I absolutely will continue to do business with any prime lender who helps me get past my sub-prime pain.

        
Message 25 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ran into this friend of mine at church today where she said they were utilizing the Chase Freedom card in a way that would allow sub prime customers in the door along with the GA program. Set for market entry before the holiday season this year. Thought I'd keep you guys updated! I have lunch again with her this Tuesday where I'll see if I can get a little more information.

Message 26 of 38
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Ran into this friend of mine at church today where she said they were utilizing the Chase Freedom card in a way that would allow sub prime customers in the door along with the GA program. Set for market entry before the holiday season this year. Thought I'd keep you guys updated! I have lunch again with her this Tuesday where I'll see if I can get a little more information.

Hey thanks Induction!

A couple people recently reported (here) that Chase was now allowing some people who had fairly recent BK's to obtain a Freedom, whereas before it was anecedotally known that a 2-3 year old was an absolute no-fly zone with Chase.  It appears as though they may be loosening up some, and if they are, I'll happily toss in an additional application come December if it looks like I have any shot to be approved for a Freedom with an expected FICO around 640ish.

I will greatly appreciate any further information you can find out, thanks again!

        
Message 27 of 38
marty56
Super Contributor

If BofA adopts this, LOL mine would say when hell freezes over.

Interesting idea but seems to me it would increase the cost of doing business to them.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 28 of 38
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

I just did a short survey from Barclay after enrolling the card online, and one of the questions they asked me was something like: "We are looking at new advertising something or the other" "Which phrase would you be attracted to most"

one of the options of "Guaranteed Approval"

Coincidence?

Not sure.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 29 of 38
sjt
Senior Contributor

Just Google Chase and Sub Prime credit

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 30 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.