Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guess My Credit Jump!

tag
jpparker07
New Contributor

Guess My Credit Jump!

I currently have fico scores around 660. I recently got a Discover with a 1000 dollar limit and a Chase with a 1000 limit after recon. I just paid off my last collection which is under a pay for deletion agreement so it will be deleted soon! Guess what my jump (or small bump if you think that ) will be to. I'm not really sure what I think.

Cards: AMEX BCE (2k), Barclay Arrival Mastercard (4.3K), Chase Freedom (1K), Discover It (1.3k), SECU (2K), CapOne Quicksilver (750)

Current Scores- Experian- 695, Equifax- 689, Transunion-680

Goal- 720 Across the Board
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: Guess My Credit Jump!

you should've waited to get cards if your last collection was to be deleted =p

I would say probably 80 points

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 2 of 6
Brandnick
New Contributor

It's very hard to guess 

Collections is not the only factor in your score results there many other factors that will determine your score . Having said that I would expect an increase but I couldnt start to guess a number

Current Score: 771 - 11/21/2012/ Amex Pull
Late Payment: 0 / Collections: 0
AAOA: 6.3 Years

"My Scores Yesterday or Last week or even Last month has no value when applying for credit today. The value is not in my score but the information in my credit file. Once the information is good the score will follow"
Message 3 of 6
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Brandnick wrote:

It's very hard to guess 

Collections is not the only factor in your score results there many other factors that will determine your score . Having said that I would expect an increase but I couldnt start to guess a number

when I got my last collections removed I went up 120+ on my walmart fico lol and people wonder why I hate First Premier.

But then they claimed I had 51 late payments as well (only supposed to have 5) I had to prove they had no records which wasn't hard after I realized they charged my accounts off in different years on each bureau.

Message 4 of 6
Brandnick
New Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@Brandnick wrote:

It's very hard to guess 

when I got my last collections removed I went up 120+ on my walmart fico lol and people wonder why I hate First Premier.

But then they claimed I had 51 late payments as well (only supposed to have 5) I had to prove they had no records which wasn't hard after I realized they charged my accounts off in different years on each bureau.

very true however the collections maybe was newer on your report and was hurting more that someone else . For expample I could have collection remove that was 6 year old and I wouldn't see a major jump in my report score however let's say the collection was 1 year ago if remove then you should expect a big jump   It's all depends on the persons file

Current Score: 771 - 11/21/2012/ Amex Pull
Late Payment: 0 / Collections: 0
AAOA: 6.3 Years

"My Scores Yesterday or Last week or even Last month has no value when applying for credit today. The value is not in my score but the information in my credit file. Once the information is good the score will follow"
Message 5 of 6
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Brandnick wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

@Brandnick wrote:

It's very hard to guess 

very true however the collections maybe was newer on your report and was hurting more that someone else . For expample I could have collection remove that was 6 year old and I wouldn't see a major jump in my report score however let's say the collection was 1 year ago if remove then you should expect a big jump   It's all depends on the persons file

that's the thing it was from 2007 -_-; just removed it in July this year. First Premier destroyed my credit without documentation.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.