cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! 21 year old trying to get credit cards!

tag
vwawiorko

Re: HELP! 21 year old trying to get credit cards!

I wish I had someone walking me through everything about credit. My moms only income was from Social Security disability so she could not really teach me a lot about applying and the importance of credit. 

And the reason I started applying so late was because I was working for cash so my income wasnt really there until last year of September.

But thank you all for the advice.

Message 11 of 16
Shelly313
New Contributor

Well your learning now, you know more than I did at 21, and I'm sure I am no the only one.  Good luck with you journey!

Started Gardening 4/3/2014

Current Score: (04/2014) EX: 629 I TU: 650 I EQ: 654

In my Wallet:
Barclays NFL: $2000 I VS: $700 I Discover: $1600 I AU: Amex ED $2000
Message 12 of 16
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@vwawiorko wrote:

I wish I had someone walking me through everything about credit. My moms only income was from Social Security disability so she could not really teach me a lot about applying and the importance of credit. 

And the reason I started applying so late was because I was working for cash so my income wasnt really there until last year of September.

But thank you all for the advice.

But you're learning now, and that's the most important thing! If you have any other questions, feel free to post again. That's what the community is here for Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 16
vwawiorko

Thank you shelly313! It means a lot!

Message 14 of 16
vwawiorko

And thanks heyarnold! (:

Message 15 of 16
heyitsyeh
Frequent Contributor

My credit lines/limits didn't really take off until I started working last year...and that's how I would have wanted it. At age 21 I had two tradelines (Chase Freedom and Discover), with a combined total of $3050 in limit; this was plenty.

TU: 777 | EQ: 814 | EX: 764
Last INQ: 3/26/21
AAoA: 4y 7m
Lowest limit: Chase Freedom Visa - $13,000
Highest limit: Discover It - $56,500
Available credit: $200,600 (8 cards)
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.