Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! ALL ACCTS. CLOSED BY GECRB!!!

tag
jakemod1
Regular Contributor

Re: HELP! ALL ACCTS. CLOSED BY GECRB!!!

@FabulousDtheBruin wrote:

So, long story.  I hope you have time!!!!!

So, I have had my Paypal Extras MC with 1K limit for two months.  I have requested two credit line increases w/ them...denied! I have applied for a Wal Mart Card, GAP Card, Cheveron/Texaco Card, Amazon Card, they were all apporved (accept for Amazon--I don't know if that was approved).  I app'd for them in 36 hours span.  They closed ALL THE ACCTS!!!!!!!!!! :-(  Including my Paypal Extras w/ zero balance.  HOW CAN THEY DO THIS?!?!?!???

What did I do wrong???!!  HELP!  I'm currently waiting for the letters. Smiley Sad  HOW CAN I GET THE ACCTS. BACK?  I think they think this is fraud.  But it's not.  

Also, I'm gay and I sound like a girl sometimes and they call me ma'am.  Smiley Sad  UGH!!!!!!!!  I hate this!

The reason, most likely, is due to all of those accounts that you applied for within a short span. The fact that you requested two CLIs, were denied, and then continued to seek credit set off a high risk flag, especially since all of those accounts were through GECRB. You looked desperate from their perpective, and thus, the account closures. They wanted to limit their exposure to you as much as possible...in your case, completely.

I would try calling them and ask to speak to a supervisor and explain your situation. They might not re-open all of your accounts...pick one or two that you want to keep and ask them to re-open those for you. More importantly, do not apply for any more cards until you get this situated.

If you are succesful with re-opening your account(s), let your inquiries and accounts age for 6 months to one year before you apply for more cards. If I may ask, why did you decide to open all of those accounts?

Good luck!

Discover IT: $20,5k | Chase Freedom: $5k | CSP: $7k | Amex BCE: $25k | BofA Cash Rewards: $12,4k | Citi DC: $8,4k | Cap1 QS: $6k | Commence: $11k | US Bank Cash+: $8k | Macy's Amex $5k | Kohl's: $3k
Message 11 of 48
myjourney
Super Contributor

Thank you all for your support.  

Honestly, I understand why they could frown upon this; however, closing my zero balance Paypal MC was unacceptable.  It's not like I'm maxing the card out or not paying on time; if they don't want me to have all this credit, why don't they just deny me?!?!?!

And honestly, the think I'm worried about is that it WILL NOT LOOK GOOD on my credit reports showing GECRB closed my Acct. after two months.  How will this look to others?!?!?  Smiley Sad

I could cry!

Hold your head up and give them a call it may be something simple but in the future credit takes time ok....good luck

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 12 of 48
oscar_actuary
Frequent Contributor

Modcut

Ok, just kidding.

Why you want to be apping so many so fast?  You got a good bunch of cards with lowish limits.  Maybe work on them, and thier CLs before aquiring another wallet full.

I have been called "Ma'am" at a Chik Filet drive through.  So, I just bypassed the window.  At 300 lbs, and 44 yr old man, I was not about to pull up.

Edited to remove content. "5 things we don't talk about here"

Shogun, myFICO moderator

FICO EX 827, 2015 Feb; FICO EQ 836/900 (Citi), 2014 Dec; FICO TU08 818, 2015 Feb.

BofA Cash Rwrds Sig V 2013 10k; Fidelity Rewards AmEx /BofA 2013 15.4k; Chase Freedom Sig V 2002 24.1k; Chase Amazon Rwrds Sig V 2011 8k; Sam's Club MC 2002 10k; Dscvr It 2012 10k; Citi Dvdnd Plat Sel V 2013 8.9k; PenFed Plat Rwrds V 2013 20k; AmEx Blue Sky 2013 11.3k; AmEx BCP 2014 24.1k; Priceline Rwrds Sig V 2013 8.7k; PayPal Xtras GE Cap Plat MC 2012 5k

Message 13 of 48
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@FabulousDtheBruin

Sorry they closed your accounts. You could try pleading your case to UW. If not, you have a nice set of cc's . Good luck!
Message 14 of 48
FabulousDtheBruin
New Contributor

I tried to open all the new Accts. because these are all Accts. I definitely want, and if I open them up, say in two years later, it will screw with my AAoA and also I just got a new car and I want the Chevron rewards and also I want to lower my utilization because I did BTs on my Citi card (great zero percent promo) and on my 15 month Freedom, for my down payment. So I want to decrease my utility and I know GECRB is good at high limits!
AmEx BCE - 2K, Clear from AmEx - 2K, Bank of America Travel Rewards - 10K, Chase Freedom - 4.3K, U.S. Bank College Visa - $600, Discover More Card - 7K, Citi Dividend Card for Students - 2.1K, Barclay Rewards MC-2.5K, Macys Red Card-1.8K, Bank of America AmEx-15K, Banana Republic Visa-2.5K, Chase CSP-10K, Chase Saphire-5K,
Message 15 of 48
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

You have to pace your apps ESP when they are all backed by the same bank and CLI's were denied. Try and speak with UW on Monday- since you do not have a neg history with them you might get lucky.
Message 16 of 48
jakemod1
Regular Contributor

I tried to open all the new Accts. because these are all Accts. I definitely want, and if I open them up, say in two years later, it will screw with my AAoA and also I just got a new car and I want the Chevron rewards and also I want to lower my utilization because I did BTs on my Citi card (great zero percent promo) and on my 15 month Freedom, for my down payment. So I want to decrease my utility and I know GECRB is good at high limits!

I understand that you want to put your credit in a perfect spot, but like others have said, it takes time. The good thing about GE is that once you establish a great payment history with them, they are really good with increasing your limit. You don't need to open all of those accounts through GE. Just one or two will suffice.

Give them a call and try to recon with them. Speak to UW or a supervisor and explain your situation. Once you are successful, work on those accounts, establish a good payment history, and those CLIs will come.

Discover IT: $20,5k | Chase Freedom: $5k | CSP: $7k | Amex BCE: $25k | BofA Cash Rewards: $12,4k | Citi DC: $8,4k | Cap1 QS: $6k | Commence: $11k | US Bank Cash+: $8k | Macy's Amex $5k | Kohl's: $3k
Message 17 of 48
FabulousDtheBruin
New Contributor

This is so depressing! :-( Ugh!!!
AmEx BCE - 2K, Clear from AmEx - 2K, Bank of America Travel Rewards - 10K, Chase Freedom - 4.3K, U.S. Bank College Visa - $600, Discover More Card - 7K, Citi Dividend Card for Students - 2.1K, Barclay Rewards MC-2.5K, Macys Red Card-1.8K, Bank of America AmEx-15K, Banana Republic Visa-2.5K, Chase CSP-10K, Chase Saphire-5K,
Message 18 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

You name will be banned in GE list . I don't think you can apply any card in the next 7 years
Message 19 of 48
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Tanyasf

Please refrain from making derogatory statements.

Thank you.
Message 20 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.