cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP: AMEX BSP CLI!!!

Highlighted
Valued Member

HELP: AMEX BSP CLI!!!

I'm trying to decide whether to apply for a CLI.  I currently have an interior design project working with a consultant that I would use the AMEX for purchases.  I reopened my AMEX account in December 2013.  I only received a $2K credit limit.  It's been beyone 180 days.  However, I have a just under $1020.00 reamining balance.  Then, I have a Capital One card with a balance under $500 ($1500 CL) and Nordstrom Store Card with zero balance ($3000 CL).  Currently using about 23% of all credit combined.  What is the liklihood of me being approved for AMEX CLI?  I planned to aske for 3xs my current limit of $2K to 6K (with the hopes that I at least get $4K).  Should I wait and pay down.



Starting Score: EQU 584 EXP 568 TU 555
Current Score (as of 8-30-2014): EQU 710 EXP 709 TU 731
Goal Score: 750 across the board


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: HELP: AMEX BSP CLI!!!


@Golden75 wrote:

I'm trying to decide whether to apply for a CLI.  I currently have an interior design project working with a consultant that I would use the AMEX for purchases.  I reopened my AMEX account in December 2013.  I only received a $2K credit limit.  It's been beyone 180 days.  However, I have a just under $1020.00 reamining balance.  Then, I have a Capital One card with a balance under $500 ($1500 CL) and Nordstrom Store Card with zero balance ($3000 CL).  Currently using about 23% of all credit combined.  What is the liklihood of me being approved for AMEX CLI?  I planned to aske for 3xs my current limit of $2K to 6K (with the hopes that I at least get $4K).  Should I wait and pay down.


Amex pay down and ask ASAP and chances are good since it's a SP you have nothing to lose 

Should have asked at the 61 day mark but what's done is done

CAP1 contact EO and ask for the stars they'll counter offer

Good luck Golden 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
Valued Member

Re: HELP: AMEX BSP CLI!!!

@myjourney

 

I thought I read req CLI after 180 days...apparently I misread which is why I did not make the request at 61st day.  What's the difference in making CLI request by 61st day versus now?  In addition, what is Capital One Stars?  I copied and pasted the link from your signature block to my Web browser, but no results.  Can you PM me the EO contact info? 


@myjourney wrote:

@Golden75 wrote:

I'm trying to decide whether to apply for a CLI.  I currently have an interior design project working with a consultant that I would use the AMEX for purchases.  I reopened my AMEX account in December 2013.  I only received a $2K credit limit.  It's been beyone 180 days.  However, I have a just under $1020.00 reamining balance.  Then, I have a Capital One card with a balance under $500 ($1500 CL) and Nordstrom Store Card with zero balance ($3000 CL).  Currently using about 23% of all credit combined.  What is the liklihood of me being approved for AMEX CLI?  I planned to aske for 3xs my current limit of $2K to 6K (with the hopes that I at least get $4K).  Should I wait and pay down.


Amex pay down and ask ASAP and chances are good since it's a SP you have nothing to lose 

Should have asked at the 61 day mark but what's done is done

CAP1 contact EO and ask for the stars they'll counter offer

Good luck Golden 


 



Starting Score: EQU 584 EXP 568 TU 555
Current Score (as of 8-30-2014): EQU 710 EXP 709 TU 731
Goal Score: 750 across the board


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: HELP: AMEX BSP CLI!!!


@Golden75 wrote:

@myjourney

 

I thought I read req CLI after 180 days...apparently I misread which is why I did not make the request at 61st day.  What's the difference in making CLI request by 61st day versus now? You could have been eligible twice now once at 61 days and then again at the 180 day mark from last request for a CLI

In addition, what is Capital One Stars? Ask for 10k 

I copied and pasted the link from your signature block to my Web browser, but no results.  Can you PM me the EO contact info? On the way good luck


@myjourney wrote:

@Golden75 wrote:

I'm trying to decide whether to apply for a CLI.  I currently have an interior design project working with a consultant that I would use the AMEX for purchases.  I reopened my AMEX account in December 2013.  I only received a $2K credit limit.  It's been beyone 180 days.  However, I have a just under $1020.00 reamining balance.  Then, I have a Capital One card with a balance under $500 ($1500 CL) and Nordstrom Store Card with zero balance ($3000 CL).  Currently using about 23% of all credit combined.  What is the liklihood of me being approved for AMEX CLI?  I planned to aske for 3xs my current limit of $2K to 6K (with the hopes that I at least get $4K).  Should I wait and pay down.


Amex pay down and ask ASAP and chances are good since it's a SP you have nothing to lose 

Should have asked at the 61 day mark but what's done is done

CAP1 contact EO and ask for the stars they'll counter offer

Good luck Golden 


 


 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Legendary Contributor

Re: HELP: AMEX BSP CLI!!!

ask now

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.