Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! ASHELY FURNITURE CARD LIMIT DECREASE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELP! ASHELY FURNITURE CARD LIMIT DECREASE

I had a ashley furniture card with 10k limit. I made a purchase with 3 years intrest free. WIth  this purchase the card was at 25% utilization. However  I forgot to make a payment and Sync bank reduce my credit limit and now the card is at 68% utilization.  What are some suggestions besides paying the card in full. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Re: HELP! ASHELY FURNITURE CARD LIMIT DECREASE

There's really nothing you can do besides paying off your balance.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 2 of 8
Remedios
Credit Mentor

How about your other cards, do you have high utilization on the rest of them for Synch to start balance chasing you? Any recent lates or anything like that? 

Message 3 of 8
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

I wonder if Synchrony did a soft pull on his credit and saw all the new cards he has gotten recently.  For example, three new NFCU cards in only a few months, two of them with high limits.  That could be viewed as credit seeking behavior.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:

How about your other cards, do you have high utilization on the rest of them for Synch to start balance chasing you? Any recent lates or anything like that? 

I do not have any other high utilization on any other card. Just the Ashley because I had to furnish a new appartment. 

Message 5 of 8
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I had a ashley furniture card with 10k limit. I made a purchase with 3 years intrest free. WIth  this purchase the card was at 25% utilization. However  I forgot to make a payment and Sync bank reduce my credit limit and now the card is at 68% utilization.  What are some suggestions besides paying the card in full. 

Unfortunately, the only thing you can do is pay it down quickly.

Also on another note. Since this was at 0% interest, this missed payment could void the interest free and trigger a penalty interest to kick in. If this happens, you should pay the balance off immediately. 

You should consider putting your cards on autopay so this can never happen again. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 6 of 8
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This late payment---just how late was it? If it wasn't more than 30 days that alone shouldn't be enough to justify a CLD--they would just hit you with a late fee if it was your first time late.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 7 of 8
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

A few years ago I wsa one day late paying Amazon Store card. When I logged in to make payment my limit had already been chopped half.  Limit hasn't budged since.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.