Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Balance Transfer Nightmare

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELP! Balance Transfer Nightmare

I am new here and need some help!

I recently initiated a balance transfer of $6600 from one credit card, to one I had where I could get 0% until mid next year when we get bonuses.
Anyway, everything was going smoothly I saw that the transfer check was sent, and cleared within a week, but I noticed the balance on the other credit card never went to zero.

I called and they said they never received anything. After speaking with someone from the other credit card company, it looks like when they initiated the transfer one digit of the credit card number was entered incorrectly.

I contacted both credit card companies with the issue and they are working to resolve this. I just have a very sick feeling in my stomach. Are there any issues I should be concerned with?
Is there anything else I should be doing to expedite this?? Playing the waiting game is terrible.
I don't have the money to pay of 2 $6600 bills.

Thanks..

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: HELP! Balance Transfer Nightmare

They will figure it out but you may have to pay at least minimum payments on both until they do. Good Luck!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 9
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Another reason why I love BT checks/direct deposit into checking account.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, they told me just to pay the minumim payment if they come due before it is resolved. 

And yeah, wish I would have done the checks (I am just so darn impatient). Hopefully I have no more balance transfers in my future, so hopefully this one gets sorted out without a problem. 

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Holy Smokes!

I logged in this morning and everything was set right. Less than 24 hours. 

I have to admit, I had very little faith in either credit card company handling this correctly or quickly, but this blew my mind!

Message 5 of 9
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

Glad it was fixed. It was just a minor error so it should be fixed promptly. Although if I we're in your situation I'd have been expecting the worse too.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

That really must've been a nightmare for you, but a dream for someone else. Whosever the account belonged to must've felt like they received a gift from the Gods that suddenly paid off 6.6k of their credit card debt. Lol.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

And then they woke up again this morning and it was gone. 

Womp Womp Womp.

But yeah, literallty spent the whole day feeling sick about it and actually spurred a migraine last night. I tend to over worry. 

Message 8 of 9
Simply827
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That really must've been a nightmare for you, but a dream for someone else. Whosever the account belonged to must've felt like they received a gift from the Gods that suddenly paid off 6.6k of their credit card debt. Lol.

LOL

Things like this can happen, but usually the banks are quick to straighten it out. My bank sent a BT check for $3300, but Citi only coded it for $300! It was resolved within a couple of days, so no biggie.

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.