cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP. How to pay my DCU Visa card from outside bank account through their system?

tag
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

HELP. How to pay my DCU Visa card from outside bank account through their system?

I'm trying to make my first payment on my DCU Visa card.  (They have a needlessly complicated website.)

I have gone through the process of setting up my local bank account in their cashedge system, which supposedly permits payments to DCU.

When you click on the pay bill button at DCU, it only brings up their savings and checking account.  Not the outside account.

Is the only way to pay my credit card either to push a payment from my local bank, or first transfer money from local bank to DCU checking, and after the funds are credited make the payment from DCU checking?

I'm also trying to see if there is a way to set up so that at least minimum payment gets made by the due date should I ever forget.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
gibeon
Established Contributor

Re: HELP. How to pay my DCU Visa card from outside bank account through their system?

I haven't added an external account to DCU, but I make my auto payments under the TRANSFER option.

Is your external account listed in the FROM accounts when you go to TRANSFER?

23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 2 of 8
Valued Contributor

Re: HELP. How to pay my DCU Visa card from outside bank account through their system?

The external account shows up in their cashedge transfers section.  The problem is the to/from accounts only include my DCU savings account and the external checking.  The Visa card is not listed as an option to pay to.

I also just made my first BofA payment, and they only permit instant payment from one of their own accounts.

It looks like both of these accounts will require pushed payments.  It's frustrating, but I don't want to maintain five checking accounts wherever I have a  Visa card.

Message 3 of 8
gibeon
Established Contributor

DCU's website is painful. 

BofA should definitely let you add an external account to pay for your CC. I have two set up (and no savings/checking with BofA). When I click the blue "Make Payment" button the pop-up shows my CITI and NAVY accounts in the "FROM" option.

I know some banks have a 30-day restriction, but I can't remember if BofA is one.

PayBOFA.jpg

23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 4 of 8
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Just transfer it to your savings account at DCU, then do an internal transfer on the DCU site Savings to Visa. You can also do an "instant" check deposit to a DCU account using your phone image or scanned image, it's credited within 24 hours, pay your Visa from another one of your DCU accounts. My transfer to or from outside accounts shows up on my options, but you probably have to do it at least once before it gets in the options menu. Note too that DCU co-ops with an endless number of other FCU's and ATM's many of those you can make a deposit through - around here all the major FCU's co-op, and all the 7-11's are tied in at no charge to accress your DCU account - I have not tried to make a "deposit" through a 7-11 ATM, but I have deposited a check to my account using my phone and imaging.

Message 5 of 8
Valued Contributor

@pipeguy wrote:

Just transfer it to your savings account at DCU, then do an internal transfer on the DCU site Savings to Visa. You can also do an "instant" check deposit to a DCU account using your phone image or scanned image, it's credited within 24 hours, pay your Visa from another one of your DCU accounts. My tansfer to or from outside accounts shows up on my options, but you probably have to do it at least once before it gets in the options menu. Note too that DCU co-ops with an endless number of other FCU's and ATM's many of those you can make a deposit through - around here all the major FCU's co-op, and all the 7-11's are tied in at no charge to accress your DCU account - I have not tried to make a "deposit" through a 7-11 ATM, but I have deposited a check to my account using my phone and imaging.

Thanks very much for this.  I was able to instant confirm my outside checking account, so it does show up in the transfers option.

I think I will just send a push payment from my existing checking, but if I get in a pinch and there isn't time for the payment to reach DCU by the due date, I will use the deposit check by phone function.

It seems like a pain to have to do the two step process, but it's a good backup plan.

Message 6 of 8
Valued Contributor

@gibeon wrote:

DCU's website is painful. 

BofA should definitely let you add an external account to pay for your CC. I have two set up (and no savings/checking with BofA). When I click the blue "Make Payment" button the pop-up shows my CITI and NAVY accounts in the "FROM" option.

I know some banks have a 30-day restriction, but I can't remember if BofA is one.

PayBOFA.jpg

Thanks very much for this.

The option to add an account was not listed on the credit card payment menu where it shows available accounts, but I was able to find an "add outside accounts" button elsewhere on the site.  I added my account and now it shows up as a payment option.

Thanks again.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You would need to use their Payment Center, which is found when you click that Account Manager button. You can add an outside account for payment, and to use it you would need to make payments through their Payment Center.

Also, it takes two business days for them to process your payment from outside banks, and, say, if you made a payment for tomorrow (02/01) because they don't process weekends, the payment date would be two days from then (02/03).

It's a pain. Just push the payment from your bank.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.