cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Looking for the initial highest CL credit card to apply...

tag
USC

HELP! Looking for the initial highest CL credit card to apply...

witih a relatively high credit scores and NO INCOME for the time being.

I'm looking to obtain a premeier / signature VISA with highest CL at the point of application and approval. Again, NO INCOME for the time being (personal reasons). Therefore, I'm looking for banks which do NOT require a hard income document.

The CC's I'm interested in applying are United Mileage Plus® Signature® Visa Card, Chase Sapphire PreferredSM Card and/or Chase Sapphire Card

Also, it is true if I apply for 2 credit cards (2 hard pulls) on the same day, the latter bank does NOT know if I had a hard pull earlier apps to another bank? Meaning, both banks would see the same score on the same day at least? Or Does FICO score change throughout the day?

As of 11/12/2012, myFICO TU: 777 & EQ: 775 and EX PlusFAKO: 783

Thank you all in advance.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Re: HELP! Looking for the initial highest CL credit card to apply...

Why would you want a cc if you have no income?

Message 2 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 3 of 17
adavis425
Established Contributor

+1

Why?

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 4 of 17
shakalaka
Established Contributor

Well as far as I know, you have to always give them your income once you apply. And you should always give the income you can proof in the case of them asking you to verify it. So I guess there is none.

P.S. Overstating your incoming may be illegal (there was a thread couple of weeks ago AFAIK).

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 5 of 17
USC

I only have 2 CC's with a limited CL. I'm looking to obtain a Signature VISA with a high CL when my scores are relatively good. Basically, I'm looking for my first premier CC right now. My income status will change in the future (again, personal). That's not what I'm discussing here. But in the meantime, could someone help me in findings of what I'm asking? Also, I'm hoping to increase my credit scores once I apply & get approval with a high CL as well and a minimal set back temporarily (a hard pull).

Thanks.

Message 6 of 17
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@USC wrote:

I only have 2 CC's with a limited CL. I'm looking to obtain a Signature VISA with a high CL when my scores are relatively good. Basically, I'm looking for my first premier CC right now. My income status will change in the future (again, personal). That's not what I'm discussing here. But in the meantime, could someone help me in findings of what I'm asking? Also, I'm hoping to increase my credit scores once I apply & get approval with a high CL as well and a minimal set back temporarily (a hard pull).

Thanks.

ALL credit card applications that I've seen ask for income. They factor in income in addtion to your credit score when setting your CL. I don't know that it's possible for you to get a Visa Signature without stating some amount of income. And for both legal and ethical reasons, it should be income that you are able to state honestly. So, you may simply need to wait until your income status changes.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 7 of 17
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

+1000

Message 8 of 17
USC

So, if I'm liviing off of savings for the time being, and curret income is ZERO with a relatively high credit scores, there's no Signature VISA I can apply & get an approval? *Sigh*...

Are there any reputable CC's with a high CL only consider credit HIGH scores only?

Thanks again.

Message 9 of 17
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@USC wrote:

So, if I'm liviing off of savings for the time being, and curret income is ZERO with a relatively high credit scores, there's no Signature VISA I can apply & get an approval? *Sigh*...

Are there any reputable CC's with a high CL only consider credit HIGH scores only?

Thanks again.

If you have some savings money that you'd be willing to put up as collateral, there are several options you can look at regarding high CL secured CCs.  In my experience, you have to demonstrate a long term responsible use of high limits before you'll be granted a Visa Signature card.   If you don't really have an income, then you'll probably have a hard time being approved for a credit card with any type of a limit, as the new CARD act requires lenders to consider your ability to repay when issuing credit card accounts.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.