cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Looking for the initial highest CL credit card to apply...

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: HELP! Looking for the initial highest CL credit card to apply...

@USC wrote:

So, if I'm liviing off of savings for the time being, and curret income is ZERO with a relatively high credit scores, there's no Signature VISA I can apply & get an approval? *Sigh*...

Are there any reputable CC's with a high CL only consider credit HIGH scores only?

Thanks again

I am thinking about the application and how you would indicate 'savings' as a viable method of repayment - assuming that you would indicate unemployed or something to that effect.  It is possible to indicate other sources of income, I.e. rental, alimony separate maintenance - but it sounds like you do not want to document any income and 'savings' may sound like you are living off of your cc.  No offense.

Message 11 of 17
TheConductor
Established Contributor

Put your savings in some kind of fixed-income investment and claim that income, maybe?

I agree there's little chance of you getting a card if you state zero income. 

Starting: EQ 622 (myFICO 7/7/12), EX 696 (TU FAKO 8/14/12), TU 621 (CK TransRisk 7/24/12), Total CL $1k on 2 TLs
Current: EQ 709 (CCT 2/4/15), EX 704 (CCT 2/4/15) , TU 702 (CCT 2/4/15), Total CL $110.3k on 14 TLs Goal: 740+ x3
My Wallet: Amex BCP $30k, Chase United Explorer $16k, Amex SPG $13.5k, Barclaycard Ring MC $12.5k, Chase CSP VS $12.2k, Discover it $10.5k, C1 Venture VS $6.5k, Chase Slate $3.5k, Amex Hilton Surpass $2k, Barclaycard Apple V $2k, Chase Freedom V $1100, BoA Cash Rewards V $500, Citi BestBuy $500
My Loans: Prosper $25k/36mo, Prosper $17k/36mo
My Business: Chase Ink VS $5k, Amex BRG NPSL (> 10k),
Message 12 of 17
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@USC wrote:

So, if I'm liviing off of savings for the time being, and curret income is ZERO with a relatively high credit scores, there's no Signature VISA I can apply & get an approval? *Sigh*...

Are there any reputable CC's with a high CL only consider credit HIGH scores only?

Thanks again.

What you are asking is near impossible. 98% of credit cards out there require income. Unemployed pretty much will get you a denial. Some credit unions might work with you, but you need to prove you have sizable savings.

Message 13 of 17
distantarray
Established Contributor

i honestly doubt he'll get good credit cards with First Premier reporting =\ it's like having fun with a $5 hooker behind 7-11 and trying to convince Megan Fox to join in.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 14 of 17
shakalaka
Established Contributor

@USC wrote:

I only have 2 CC's with a limited CL. I'm looking to obtain a Signature VISA with a high CL when my scores are relatively good. Basically, I'm looking for my first premier CC right now. My income status will change in the future (again, personal). That's not what I'm discussing here. But in the meantime, could someone help me in findings of what I'm asking? Also, I'm hoping to increase my credit scores once I apply & get approval with a high CL as well and a minimal set back temporarily (a hard pull).

Thanks.

I think nobody wants to discuss this. The problem ist, that there is just no credit card out there for no income, esp. a siggy card. All apps ask for current income and if you put in zero, you most likely will not get approved. If you have a lot of savings, this can help with a recon. But an inital approval will be next to impossible. If you do not mind the hard inq, go ahead and apply for one. If your are not approved, use the backdoor numbers here and recon.

Good luck.

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 15 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@distantarray wrote:

i honestly doubt he'll get good credit cards with First Premier reporting =\ it's like having fun with a $5 hooker behind 7-11 and trying to convince Megan Fox to join in.

LMAO!! The visual is too funny! Smiley LOL

Message 16 of 17
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@USC wrote:

I only have 2 CC's with a limited CL. I'm looking to obtain a Signature VISA with a high CL when my scores are relatively good. Basically, I'm looking for my first premier CC right now. My income status will change in the future (again, personal). That's not what I'm discussing here. But in the meantime, could someone help me in findings of what I'm asking? Also, I'm hoping to increase my credit scores once I apply & get approval with a high CL as well and a minimal set back temporarily (a hard pull).

Thanks.

Yeah...with all due respect, that's not really your call. When you come onto this board asking for credit card recommendations, then tell us you have no income, you can expect to be questioned because it is unlikely that anyone in their right mind is going to hand a premier, high-limit credit card to someone without income...regardless of what you have in savings or what your credit score is.

Blogging 101...ask for advice, get advice...but it cannot always be on your terms. No income is a really big deal where credit cards are concerned.

Edited to add:

I don't mean to come off harsh, but credit is serious business. We can't be here to tell you what you want to hear or exclude items of interest (like no income) simply because you don't want to discuss them. Giving out advice on those terms would be destructive because, by definition, it would be incomplete and incorrect.

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.