cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Need some good cards to apply for fast!

tag
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Re: HELP! Need some good cards to apply for fast!

Hey summerhunny11!

Congrats on the excellent auto!  NICE!

Question:  how old are your medical collections?

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 11 of 43
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Discover, Freedom, Amex PRG, not sure if any if these cc's are easy but they are not difficult. Since you are a business, you are already waiting for Chase to finish review-
What hotels, airlines do you use?
Message 12 of 43
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

I wouldn't try Freedom just yet until you get an answer on the current app.

I think that with your TU score, I'd be looking at some Barclay rewards cards. 

Let me know on the med collections age.  I wouldn't app the PRG if they are recent. Smiley Happy

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 13 of 43
summerhunny11
Contributor

reported in 2009, updated this year to reflect new balances when I disputed.

I usually fly southwest and hotels vary

5/13-EQ 652,TU 634, EX 612
6/13-mortgage lender pull
EQ 652, EX 689, TU 714
6/22/13 Auto pull (Infiniti)
EX Auto II 714, TU 745

Capital One $1500, Orchard $500, Premier $700
Message 14 of 43
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

In that case, I'd have to change my list. Chase is probably not going to like recent baddies ( how much?), PRG either. Barclays won't care for the recent inq's but they might let you slide in in the avg cc.
Message 15 of 43
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I easily got PayPal MasterCard - pulled TU and its GE so CLI are good later too
Barclay also TU - easy recon

I'd start with Barclay then 1-2 GE... PayPal and maybe like chevron or Walmart... I like chevron and with your new supreme drinking car the $.40 cents off for 60 days is nice and ongoing $.20+
Message 16 of 43
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Here's my list based on what we know of your profile:

Barclay's cards:    Rewards MC or Priceline VISA or uPromise MC

GE:  Any GE branded card.  I think you'd likely get the PayPal MC-Walmart Discover and the Chevron VISA though I wouldn't app all of them.  Just the one you'd use the most.

Being that the med collections are unpaid, it may present a problem for any app. Are they re-aged showing new activity?  What is the drop off date listed on them?  Should be 2016 or around there.   A lot of the new underwriting standards don't put as much emphasis on med collections if they are small but still... a un-paid collection is an un-paid collection.  

That's my list.  I'd app them in the order listed.  Barclays will pull TU.  GE is also a TU pull also.

Message 17 of 43
mauwow0682
Frequent Contributor

Try Amex bce or bcp.

Starting Score: 620 FAKO
Current Score: FICO TU 715 (wal-mart) FICO EQ 692
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 43
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

If this was your first auto loan on your credit report, there's a good chance you're higher than what was pulled for the Infiniti finance (I like your style btw, nice car!).

Where do you live if you don't mind my asking?  If you're out west, if I were you I'd probably just up and spend the $20 for the EX FICO here, if you are somewhere else YMMV though personally I think that's the best score available for credit card applications and it'd be closer to what you can realistically expect a lender to pull.  Similar question, what's your income?  I'm assuming non-trivial based on the G37 purchase.  Also since we're asking, what's your typical monthly or annual spend for your sole proprietorship?

Medical collections, I didn't see how old they were, but from an underwriting perspective they're in a class similar to tax liens as near as I can tell, they're not deal breakers unlike some other PR's.  I would also look in the Rebuilding forum if you haven't for information on how to address them.

I think in your case I'd do a few things: first, wait for Chase to come back, because if you get that card (and it is sweet) that changes your needs dramatically.  I'd also spend the $20 on the score here, and depending on those two datapoints I might actually hit a top tier card on an app and then apply for a few down the scale.  

The only problems you realistically have are the medical collections, and the FP card is an "ugly" tradeline from some underwriters perspective (but likewise not a deal killer); however, 4 years of perfect payment history and two medical collections, well I wish I were in your spot compared to my own mixed file, and my own tradelines while not outstanding, are better than where you're at now and I suspect you might likewise be able to do a lot better than what's been suggested here.  There's no guaruntees but if you don't have a mortgage coming up, I think I'd simply spend a half dozen inquiries if needed to pull two good cards for your circumstance.

        
Message 19 of 43
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

If this was your first auto loan on your credit report, there's a good chance you're higher than what was pulled for the Infiniti finance (I like your style btw, nice car!).

Where do you live if you don't mind my asking?  If you're out west, if I were you I'd probably just up and spend the $20 for the EX FICO here, if you are somewhere else YMMV though personally I think that's the best score available for credit card applications and it'd be closer to what you can realistically expect a lender to pull.  Similar question, what's your income?  I'm assuming non-trivial based on the G37 purchase.  Also since we're asking, what's your typical monthly or annual spend for your sole proprietorship?

Medical collections, I didn't see how old they were, but from an underwriting perspective they're in a class similar to tax liens as near as I can tell, they're not deal breakers unlike some other PR's.  I would also look in the Rebuilding forum if you haven't for information on how to address them.

I think in your case I'd do a few things: first, wait for Chase to come back, because if you get that card (and it is sweet) that changes your needs dramatically.  I'd also spend the $20 on the score here, and depending on those two datapoints I might actually hit a top tier card on an app and then apply for a few down the scale.  

The only problems you realistically have are the medical collections, and the FP card is an "ugly" tradeline from some underwriters perspective (but likewise not a deal killer); however, 4 years of perfect payment history and two medical collections, well I wish I were in your spot compared to my own mixed file, and my own tradelines while not outstanding, are better than where you're at now and I suspect you might likewise be able to do a lot better than what's been suggested here.  There's no guaruntees but if you don't have a mortgage coming up, I think I'd simply spend a half dozen inquiries if needed to pull two good cards for your circumstance.

+1 to the highlighted

I only listed cards that I think you'd actually have the best chance of getting.  However, if it were me, I'd actually do what Revelate says.

I'm pretty certain (only guessing here) that you took a few (at least 2) inqs for your auto and more than likely EQ pulls.  So I was thinking along the lines of staying away from EQ and it's your lowest score.

If it were me, I'd go ahead and burn a few inqs to see what I come up with.  I'd focus on EX and TU pullers though.

Message 20 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.