Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! OCD w/ AMEX!

tag
newbiewife
Regular Contributor

HELP! OCD w/ AMEX!

Help!

Dunno if I should pay amex before it cut-off or just go with the flow, let it cut-off and pay on due. I wanna make sure I got everything ready for my CLI but my increasr is not until sept. Should I just pay it? Let it report? Pay it on due? Smiley Frustrated oh! My cut off is tomorrow.
Heart trying to reach 800! Heart
Gardening till 12/14 Smiley Tongue
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Re: HELP! OCD w/ AMEX!

Well if it doesn't cause financial hardship I would say just pay it off. Most people seem to think AMEX hates carrying a balance so this will definatly prevent that.

Message 2 of 14
newbiewife
Regular Contributor

But isn't that's part of revolver? U can have flexible payment. Geeeeee stressed now! :smileyconfused:
Message 3 of 14
Omnipotent
Regular Contributor

Unless you have a 0% promo and the rest of your cards are on the low side of utilization if any.

Or if you aren't apping for any thing in the near future....

Message 4 of 14
newbiewife
Regular Contributor

Yes 0% . Nt apping for anything, just waiting for my CLI in sept. What I was thinking is pay half today then half on due. How about that?
Message 5 of 14
Omnipotent
Regular Contributor

You could pay enough to keep it under 30% and keep the rest in the bank. Nothing like floating your expenses for security.
Message 6 of 14
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@Omnipotent wrote:
You could pay enough to keep it under 30% and keep the rest in the bank. Nothing like floating your expenses for security.

Don't do this!!  Do not have any on going balance.  I think Omnipotent is forgetting that the goal here is the 3X CLI.  Once you get your 3X, you can do your 0% balance thing.  As for PIF or PIF before statement cut, I don't think it makes much of difference.  Amex sees that that activity.  Only thing I can think of is that PIF before statement cut will help FICO score a little.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 7 of 14
Omnipotent
Regular Contributor

I rather have the money in the bank over the CLI but luckily managed both. It also depends on the rest of your cards.
Message 8 of 14
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Omnipotent wrote:
I rather have the money in the bank over the CLI but luckily managed both. It also depends on the rest of your cards.

And your overall credit scoreBut think of it this wayYou have 2k limit, so you keep running balance of 1kYou don't get CLIHowever you get the CLI, and you have a year to enjoy interest free use of  6k.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 9 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Crashem is correct. It really doesn't matter if you PIF or PIF before statement cuts unless you are worried about your FICO score (revolvers of course)
Charge cards, doesn't matter just make sure its paid.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.