Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP !!! PAID CHASE $30,000 AND THEY CLOSED MY ACCOUNTS

tag
youngman1234
Established Contributor

HELP !!! PAID CHASE $30,000 AND THEY CLOSED MY ACCOUNTS

I need help guys, i think I will have a heart attack !!!!! 

Everything was going fine, smooth and great... 

nov 2011 chase slate 3K.... PIF and so far charged over 30,000 on it alone. Just paid off on Friday aug 31 full 3,000. 

april 2012 chase ink 5k(cli to 12k in july 2012) limit.... PIF every month and charged over 35k on it and paid it off in full today (11999.17) 

july 2012 chase bold approved 15k limit.......... charged upto 15050.28 and the first statment did not even cut yet due date is sept 28th.. Paid in full today (15050.28) 

So basically : Aug 31st Friday paid 3k on personal and today Sept 4th tuesday paid 27,049.45. Paid all my accounts off in full as I do every month towards the begining of the month... Actually there was about 20,000 sitting in the bank all of aug and I never used it. Use the sales from the weekend ( I own a small business and am employed ) to pay it off in full today. Income over 120K I am 23 years old. 

So right after I paid off the 2 business accounts through the iphone app ( today was the first time i ever used it to make a payment), I called in the chase number on the back of the card just to verify the payments went through properly on my end. The rep goes yes your payments went through on the closed account... I WAS LIKE WAIT WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY CLOSED ACCOUNT WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT !!!!! He goes yes sir this account is closed. I said wait check my ink cash he goes yes sir this is closed as well... I was driving going to work and i swear almost had a heart attack, five mins prior to calling in I was at my chase branch depositing the cash to make the payment. ( I quickly made a u turn and went back to the branch) ..... The customer  service rep on the phone told me I have to speak to another department about why it was closed. I said wait I am driving back to the branch, (i have tmobile and lose service in the area alot).... he transfered me to the department i told the kind rep hello please give me a minute I am driving back to the branch and can i call from there I lose service alot here. She said sure no probem call us back from the branch. My regular business banker is not working today she knows me really well. I went to someone else who sees me at the bank every day making deposits. I said I need help check my cards, he checked the computer and YES THEY WERE ALL REVOKED !!!!! I said wait lets gets someone on the phone !!!! A kind lady comes on the phone and says that on or about August 28th my accounts was reviewed and my credit report was checked. I said ok so, whats on my credit report that is so crxy... MIND YOU THEY PULLED THE SAME REPORT 2 TIMES IN JULY TO GIVE ME A CLI ON MY INK CASH AND ANOTHER FOR A BOLD APPROVAL... she says there are alot of inquiries.... I said yes those are all for the business... I said can you plz tell who those inquiries are from... She said chase, chase, amex, capital one, and affinity credit union... I told its obvious why chase pulled my credit, amex was for the plum and i did not authorize capital one.... I said to the kind lady that they were pulls for me obtaining business credit not personal... I then asked her cus YES SHE PULLED IT AGAIN WHILE WE WERE ON THE PHONE, what is my balance on all my 18 current open credit/ charge cards open she goes I see you owe nothing on all of them and that the only balance is 2589.68 on the AMEX, I then stated yes that is also a charge card which I pay in full every month ( I HAVE TO OTHER WISE THEY WILL CLOSE IT)... She said yes i see all that asked me my income and reasoning for recent inquiries and then said she will put it in for a reconsideration !!!!! WHAT WENT WRONG ??? WHAT DID I DO ??? I CAN NOT BELEIVE CHASE DID THIS TO ME !!! AND I WAS MOVING ME MERCHANT SERVICES ( WE DO OVER 600K IN CREDIT CARD SALES A YEAR) AND I HAVE OVER 10K STILL IN MY ACCOUNTS ????  

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK WILL THEY REOPEN MY ACCOUNT ?? i ask her if I could speak to the senior analyst that will review my account.. She said someone will call you in 1-2 business days???? WHATS HAPPENING PLZ EXPLAIN SOMEONE ??? PLZ IM SO STRESSED !!!!!! 

Message 1 of 68
67 REPLIES 67
ComputerWizMaster
New Contributor

Re: HELP !!! PAID CHASE $30,000 AND THEY CLOSED MY ACCOUNTS

Why stressed? I would move on to another bank. You don't need to have any "loyalty" to the bank as they have none to you. If they aren't happy to make the money off of $30K in swipe fees then that is their loss.

No need to beg them for anything imho

It is all business nothing personal in my view.

Feb. 2012: TU: 677 EQ: 647 EX: 666
Aug. 2013: TU: 729 EQ: 726 EX: 697
Goal 2013+: 720+ All Three
Message 2 of 68
youngman1234
Established Contributor

Yeah but what I want to know is what did I do ??? I PIF in every month before the statements even cut !!! 

Message 3 of 68
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

Sorry about this.Smiley Sad  Hopefully they will reinstate your accounts after a review...

I hate Chase for this very reason, and don't need any of their products.  I had the same type of experience back in 2008/2009 during the credit crunch (made one charge that took me close to the limit and they shut it down without waiting to see if I could/would pay it off).  I realize I had several cards that CLD me around the time, but all of them except Chase at least offered to let me keep open my cards if I chose.

No use for them... Smiley Mad 

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 4 of 68
youngman1234
Established Contributor

Honestly, I understand that but nothing negative happened to me !!! In fact only positive !!! 

Boa gave me clis in the amount of 8,500 

discover gave me a cli in the amount of 5750 

I have no negitiaves no liens no nothing on my report !!!!! 

Message 5 of 68
ComputerWizMaster
New Contributor

They may never say. I had Chase kill a United CC I had with them a number of years ago without any reason and it was PIF.

I don't really see as reason to care though. The relationship between you and Chase is pure business. There is no need to take them closing your account personally. They can close your account for any reason, including there being a rainbow in front of their office.

The banks make a lot of money off of us, especially those of us who PIF and charge large amounts to our cards. If they don't want that money then go find a lender who does. Don't waste your time begging them to take your money, not worth it imho.

Message 6 of 68
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I wouldn't even bother asking questions. I'd pull every cent I had out of there, and move off to someone else, maybe even a nice credit union Smiley Very Happy 

You never know though, I would go back to the branch and talk to the banker who you said wasn't there (the one who always helps you with your business accounts) 

Message 7 of 68
youngman1234
Established Contributor

Yeah but the problem is chase was the only bank giving me business credit !!!! 

boa declined me back in march cus business was too new... 

amex plus declined said interal risk score too high... 

I needed the chase business credit for the next few months !!!! 

Message 8 of 68
ComputerWizMaster
New Contributor

@youngman1234 wrote:

Yeah but the problem is chase was the only bank giving me business credit !!!! 

boa declined me back in march cus business was too new... 

amex plus declined said interal risk score too high... 

I needed the chase business credit for the next few months !!!! 

Maybe there is your answer. If every other bank considerst the risk to be too high you may have been border line at Chase and tripped a wire.

Message 9 of 68
youngman1234
Established Contributor

yeah... i understand but how ???? 

I explained to chase why i needed the credit.... Showed them proof of everything ( so they think im not just talking out of my ass) I have merchant statements and bank statments showing proof of all the sale we do.... 

for god sake the analyst that aprroved my first ink cash card back in March, has personally been to my store in the mall !!! He has remembered it and asked me how it was going there !!! 

Message 10 of 68
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.