cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP can't close on mortgage - credit card authorized user !

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELP can't close on mortgage - credit card authorized user !

Here is the problem - I went to my mortgage company to have them pull my credit report before I close next week.  When they pulled my report my score had gone down by nearly 80 points.  On my report was a past due credit card account, which I did not open.  When, I called the cc company they told me I had been listed as an authorized user on a credit card which belonged to my neighbor. 

How do I get this account off my report? When I never consisted to being an authorized user for this account? 

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HELP can't close on mortgage - credit card authorized user !

Yikes.

Well, the first question is...ARE you an AU on your neighbor's account?

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I was unaware of the account until this week.  I have never used the card nor did I know my neighbor had listed me as a AU.

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was listed as an AU without my knowledge or consent.

Message 4 of 21
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

I think they need to have your social security number for you  to be listed as an AU - how would they have gotten that?

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 5 of 21
GregB
Valued Contributor

WHY would a neighbor add you as an AU to his account? What could be his motivation?

Perhaps you need to go talk to him and sit there while he calls the CCC, removes you, and insists they update all the CRAs.

Is this fraud?

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no idea why they would list me but they did.  I do not live at that address anymore it is a rental property and that neighbor and I are no longer on speaking terms.

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I would think this is fraud!  I will be going back to where I lived and filing a police report. 

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd call the bank/CCC and tell them you never consented to being added in as an AU and ask them to immediately remove you from all accounts there. And a police report wouldn't be a bad idea either. I'm not sure it necessarily counts as identity theft, but it's definitely fraud. I can't understand why they'd add you to an account as an AU, it's not like it does them *any* good at all. I wonder what the logic behind that was.

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea, I am not understanding why they would make such a decision.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.