Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! how to get approved for citi dividend world mastercard

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELP! how to get approved for citi dividend world mastercard

i tried to apply last month but i got decline, reason: limited credit history and too much inquiry. 

i have 7 months old credit history now, 2200 revolving accounts, 3 acount is just a month old and one is about 7 months olds. how long would i wait to get approve and what am i gonna do? im in need of another card now and i want the citi master card or any other options?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Scope27
Regular Contributor

Re: HELP! how to get approved for citi dividend world mastercard

Pay down your CC utilization and give your credit some time to mature.    Citi likes a good credit history and does look at utilization.  If all else fails call the backdoor number and try and talk to a rep.

Message 2 of 3
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Re: HELP! how to get approved for citi dividend world mastercard

The answer is in their reasons for denial. The only thing that will cure a limited history and too many recent inquiries is time. If you have three recent new credit cards and your oldest tradeline is 7 months you may find that most prime lenders are going to be scared away at the moment until they see how you handle your credit.

Although you did not state a reason why you need another credit card right now, I hope that you are aware that financing a lifestyle on credit cards instead of delayed gratification is not the best idea. If you are planning a purchase that you know the money is coming for in the near future it may be best to wait for the money. My experience in life has shown me that things don't always happen as I expect and if I run up bills and the money doesn't appear I have a problem.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.