Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP or SP?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HP or SP?

Hey guys! 

I've posted a bit, but I mostly just scroll through and see all the advice there is to receive on this forum!

Good NEWS! After doing some digging, I heard that the word on the street is that sometimes Synchrony will only do a SP if you ask for a credit increase...

I asked for an increase on my Amazon Store Card (I've had it for 6 months now) from 1800 to 10,000 and it was approved! I did it via chat; I saw that if you asked for a high limit, they would counter, but I was approved nontheless.

My question is: do you think it'll appear as a HP or it'll be a SP?

Any recent experiences for any of you with Synch?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: HP or SP?

99% sure it will be a SP, reports of a HP CLI for the amazon card are very very rare
Message 2 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thats amazing to go from1800 to 10k in 6 months on Amazon, they would give me 10k if i showed them tge vault in Fort KnoxSmiley Wink. More than likely it will be sp but i always add there is the possiblity of a hp , regardless if everyone believes Synch cli requests are always sp. I actually did get a hp from Synch for Amazon ON Experian no less so there is always a chance. I dont know what it is but for me Amazon has been the most difficult to get over 6k. By the way, whats your TU score when you asked for the 10k? Good data point. Great job againSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I bumped up my Amazon to 10k via chat about 2 weeks ago. It was a soft pull.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the responses! 

My current Fico scores are:

EQU:746

TU: 721

EX: 712

I've probably spent 2k or so far on the card. When will I know if I receive an inq report? 

Message 5 of 8
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Depends on how you monitor your reports
Message 6 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Exactly like dragontears says, if you pull your complete report youll see the sp . If you dont get any alerts on hps you should be good to go!

Uggh, CreditMd, chat is how i got my hp, will never chat for cli for Amazon again lolSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony has always been a sp for my husband and I.  I always request via chat.  Congrats on your increase!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.