Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP when told a SP...... Really Upset

tag
Wanka77
New Contributor

HP when told a SP...... Really Upset

I openned a new Checkings Account at a local Credit Union and was told that they would only do a SP to verif my credit. Today, I got a watch score alert from Myfico stating that it has detected a new inquiry on my credit.   Any ideas on how to handle the situation?   Thank you...

Starting Score:EX-639, TU-632 641-EQ(MyFico)
Current Score:EX-737(PLUS), TU-784(MyFico)750 (Walmrt) 719-EQ(Myfico),
Goal Score: 750-Across

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
jeffery581
Established Contributor

Re: HP when told a SP...... Really Upset

Demand to talk to a manager. 

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 2 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

BBVA Compass did the same to me last year. I spoke with a special dept that asked me to fax my cr - a few weeks later it was removed. YMMV
Message 3 of 7
Mailak
Frequent Contributor

I'd be upset too but I almost expect banks to hammer one with an HP for new checking accounts. Credit unions more so. I'm still angry about a HP for opening a checking account with Wachovia. I hear CUs don't do it for savings accounts though.

PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards (19.5k), Amex BCE (9k), Chase Sapphire Reserve (30k), Chase Freedom Unlimited (14.5k), Chase Marriott Premier (19k), Discover More (10k)
Message 4 of 7
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Don't take that s***! You better raise hell!!
Be courteous, but firm. Let them know the CFPB is watching them, and you will report the unauthorized pull if not removed.
Citi recentlt did this to me. I spoke to three-four diff acct managers and disputed the HP via EQ.
Good luck!:-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 5 of 7
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

I'd be pissed off too for opening a checking account when they told you it would be an sp!

I'd call them and tell them to remove it.  All of these creditors, banks and CU's have the ability to sp and its about time they learned the proper way to do it.  There is a difference when you go in knowing its an HP but to be slammed with one when you didn't intend it is maddening....especially since you're a member here and know the difference.  

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 6 of 7
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I just hate being told it's a sp for s'thin' and end up with a hp and a ten point drop in my fico!
Shady bastards! Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.