Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Accounts closing

tag
Moes
Valued Member

Re: HSBC Accounts closing- UPDATED

UPDATE: I called the accounts review department about my HSBC accounts showing as closed online. They said since Capital one took over, accounts are being reviewed and if they see any customers that have opened accounts recently or have multiple inquiries from the last 12 months their accounts would be closed. I have recently opened an old navy. So they shut down my orchard, sears solutions, and direct rewards discover all on the same day. I was going to replace these by the end of this year so they did me a favor. Maybe it's time for me to leave the garden for a day.

Starting Score: 520
Current Score: 665
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 17
calihlove75
Established Contributor

@Moes wrote:

UPDATE: I called the accounts review department about my HSBC accounts showing as closed online. They said since Capital one took over, accounts are being reviewed and if they see any customers that have opened accounts recently or have multiple inquiries from the last 12 months their accounts would be closed. I have recently opened an old navy. So they shut down my orchard, sears solutions, and direct rewards discover all on the same day. I was going to replace these by the end of this year so they did me a favor. Maybe it's time for me to leave the garden for a day.

Very very interesting. I just opened a new account in July with NFCU. I am thinking about closing their 8 month old card. It has been completely worthless and I cringe at the thought of them shutting the door on me. I have noticed that for the last couple of months, Capital one has been softening my reports. There is absolutely nothing negative on my reports, but still I have this hunch they will be closing a bunch of accounts and I want the last word..lol

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 12 of 17
lithium78
Established Contributor

I wonder if Capital One is doing this because they have a long-running policy of allowing only two cards per person.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 17
john398
Senior Contributor

That bites you will probably lose any hsbc discover rewards you have not cashed in as well or atleast I did when they closed my accounts a year or so ago

Message 14 of 17
john398
Senior Contributor

@lithium78 wrote:

I wonder if Capital One is doing this because they have a long-running policy of allowing only two cards per person.

Hmm I have 3 capital one backed Visa's 2 plat and 1 Sony Visa

Message 15 of 17
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@john398 wrote:

@lithium78 wrote:

Hmm I have 3 capital one backed Visa's 2 plat and 1 Sony Visa

I don't think the sony counts since it's like a partner card. 

Message 16 of 17
MarcinXP
Frequent Contributor

I don't know..sounds weird. I have 2 HSBC accounts. HSBC Platinum and HSBC BB Reward Zone. I also have 2 CAPONE accounts including recently opened Sony Account. Not only they gave me Sony, but also increased my limits on both of my HSBC accounts as well. The other CAPONE already had CLI with Credit Steps so that one will see CLI when I see my Social Security checks I guess in about 40 years.

NFCU Visa Sig $30k / Amex Blue Cash $25.5k / Fidelity Amex $25k / Chase Freedom $14.5k / Citi Double Cash $5k / Capital One Quicksilver Visa Sig $5k / Citi Best Buy MC $3K / Barclay Rewards MC $2.95k / BOA - BBR $2.5k / SY Lowes $15k / SY Amazon $6k / Target RedCard - $300
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.