Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Backdoor numbers

tag
MidnightOwl
Regular Contributor

HSBC Backdoor numbers

Does anyone know of any updated backdoornumbers for HSBC. The others I've seen posted don't work. I'm trying to see if I can squeeze a cli out of them. I'm currently sitting on a $ 300.00 limit and the other card I have is a Tribute Mastercard and they already have me up to $ 600.00 in less than 1 year. Any help would be appreciated. The Tribute card was opened on 9/2/2008 andI'm already sitting on the $600.00 mark as of August 22, 2009. Atleast they continue to give me increases.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: HSBC Backdoor numbers

Welcome to the forums, MidnightOwl!

What kind of HSBC card do you have?

Message 2 of 7
MidnightOwl
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the welcome. The card I have with HSBC is the standard platinum mastercard for rebuilding credit. It's only a $ 300.00 credit line but, I've read alot of posts from other people on different forums who claim to have had cli's by calling the backdoor number. It's really strange that the Tribute mastercard that I currently have has doubled to $ 600.00 in less than 1 year. I've heard that HSBC is stingy with cli's but, if you call the backdoor number there's a good chance they'll give you 1. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks very much.
Message 3 of 7
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

These are the latest numbers from the backdoor sticky, which was updated about a week ago:

HSBC: 866-574-4421 (App Status)

HSBC: 866-719-3897 (Credit Analyst?)   <---

These numbers are generally not intended for general public use and are therefore changed alot.

I also thought HSBC in particular was in a no user initiated CLI request phase, but I could be wrong. Let's see what other action we can bring in here for you!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

These are the latest numbers from the backdoor sticky, which was updated about a week ago:

These numbers are generally not intended for general public use and are therefore changed alot.

I also thought HSBC in particular was in a no user initiated CLI request phase, but I could be wrong. Let's see what other action we can bring in here for you!

I do know that when I've tried to call the (Credit Analyst) 866-719-3897 number it is picked up by an automated system.  It will give you your balance, remaining credit, and any payments due.   There is an option to speak with a customer service rep but when it transfers the call it hangs up on you.   I've tried numerous times only to have the same issue occur each time 

Message 5 of 7
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Oh well! They tend to change those backdoor numbers fairly frequently. And once changed they don't revert. They are backdoor numbers after all - you aren't supposed to know them!
Message 6 of 7
Karatz
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

I do know that when I've tried to call the (Credit Analyst) 866-719-3897 number it is picked up by an automated system.  It will give you your balance, remaining credit, and any payments due.   There is an option to speak with a customer service rep but when it transfers the call it hangs up on you.   I've tried numerous times only to have the same issue occur each time 

Try on different days and at different times. I had one where I swear that happened to me and an hour later I said what the heck and tried it again. They had forwarding during break, shift change, something else? I don't know. Wouldn't hurt to try. My experience was with Citibank; yours could also be doing the same thing?

TransUnion/Equifax
746/754
Date: 9/24/2009/10/02/2009
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.