Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC - Bull or no bull?

tag
dwhanc00
New Contributor

HSBC - Bull or no bull?

I have a Sears HSBC card with $750 limit - used and paid off with no lates, open since 2008.  I asked for a CLI - they claim they are not giving CLI's for ANY customers at this time.  Anyone else hearing this is that a load of ....

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: HSBC - Bull or no bull?

@dwhanc00 wrote:

I have a Sears HSBC card with $750 limit - used and paid off with no lates, open since 2008.  I asked for a CLI - they claim they are not giving CLI's for ANY customers at this time.  Anyone else hearing this is that a load of ....

HSBC is currently not excepting customer initiated CLI... Some people last month were reporting receiving automatic CLI on Orchard Bank cards but Sears and Best Buy MC I have not heard of any.  Just continue to repair your credit and get yourself into prime cards and leave this one in the dirt.

Message 2 of 5
dwhanc00
New Contributor

Thanks for the response.  My credit has improved to 683 for EQ, 686 TU.  I think what is dinging me is a 3 year old collection that is coming off this month.  Just trying to do some CLI in the meantime.

Message 3 of 5
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

@dwhanc00 wrote:

I have had two HSBC cards for three years - not one CLI -  I finally started requesting them two years ago - I always get the same response you got.

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 4 of 5
JaseT
Established Contributor

I canceled my HSBC/Household Bank card and couldn't be happier!

Low CL + no CLI + high AF = CURB.

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.