Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC CLI Approved!

tag
egold1234
Contributor

HSBC CLI Approved!

Just got the card last month and got a CLI from 2500 to 3000. Not much but in this economy Im happy.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HSBC CLI Approved!

Congrads. Which card do you have?

Message 2 of 10
tray
Valued Contributor

Congratulations, you must be in for a spree of luckSmiley Happy, as the word was out HSBK was not giving out any cli's and especially as of now secondary to this new credit card act and this bank I quess had to come in compliance and to top it off you only had the card for 1 month lucky you.  Also what card do you carry, let us know.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@egold1234 wrote:

Just got the card last month and got a CLI from 2500 to 3000. Not much but in this economy Im happy.

That's right!!  Congratulations !!!

Message 4 of 10
egold1234
Contributor

Its the Platnium Mastercard Ecosmart card. When I orginally opened it, I called for a CLI and they told me they werent doing any CLIs. But the other day I saw the CLI button and tried it, and got the 72hr message. Two days later, $500 increase! I guess I'll try them again in 6 months, hopefully by then things will really improve. They still wont bump up my BestBuy card which is at 2505, down from a previous 10k.

Does anyone know when HSBC reports? I cant wait for this tradeline to appear.

Message 5 of 10
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

It will report on your next statementclosing date

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 6 of 10
nicemann
Established Contributor

Now HSBC still does a hard INQ for CLI don't they?

I've have an Orchard card for about 4 years and never asked for a CLI because I don't want another INQ.

Message 7 of 10
sonson
Regular Contributor

congrats on the cli!  sometimes actually pressing the love button works better than the csr

Starting Score: EQ 548 [ Feb 2010 ]
Current Score: TU 663 EQ 686
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 8 of 10
debtfree09
Regular Contributor

I just checked my accounts and the luv button is back on all of them...though I won't ask for an CLI at least until fall.

Message 9 of 10
jrdenver
Established Member

Neither of my HSBC accounts have any options for CLI, however I need to avoid the hard inq, so I probably wouldn't do it anyway.  Direct Rewards Disco, and HSBC World MC.

TransUnion 696 4/15/2010
Equifax 683 4/15/2010

TransUnion 675 8/30/2010
Equifax 688 8/30/2010

Still trying to get my scores up =\ Opening new trades in the last 12 months didn't help. =(
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.