cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC CLI(agent said there not taking request)

tag
Cali_Credit
Frequent Contributor

HSBC CLI(agent said there not taking request)

I've had my HSBC credit card(now Cap 1) since 2007, I've never paid late and carry a 0 balance and always pay in full. I've never had a CLI increase so I decided to call today and request a CLI, the agent said I have a excellent payment record but there not taking any CLI request! She told me just to keep up my excellent record and my account may be reviewed for an auto CLI which is very frustrating to hear! Any one have an other luck with HSBC for CLI??

Current Fico's: TU 797 / EQ 785 / EX 775
Wallet: US Bank Business Edge $16,000 I Chase Ink $18,500 | US Bank Cash + Visa Sig $15,000 | Amex PRG NSL | Barclay Arrival+ WMC $10,000 l Amex BCP $20,000 | PenFed Visa Sig $9,000 | DCU Plat. $10,000 | Logix $10,000 | Discover $18,900 | WalMart $10,000 | Paypal MC $15,000 | Barclay NFL $3,400 | Cap 1 Quicksilver WMC $34,500 | J C Penny $5000 | Target $2000 13 Personal & 2 Business CreditCards
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Cageym
Established Contributor

Re: HSBC CLI(agent said there not taking request)

Sounds like they've been infected by Cap1.

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture NFCU Sig Visa Delta Gold Amex BCE Citi Simplicity IHG World MC Amazon Visa CSP
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board
Message 2 of 12
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

What HSBC CC do you have?

Message 3 of 12
Cali_Credit
Frequent Contributor

HSBC Platinum http://www.hsbccreditcard.com/

Wallet: US Bank Business Edge $16,000 I Chase Ink $18,500 | US Bank Cash + Visa Sig $15,000 | Amex PRG NSL | Barclay Arrival+ WMC $10,000 l Amex BCP $20,000 | PenFed Visa Sig $9,000 | DCU Plat. $10,000 | Logix $10,000 | Discover $18,900 | WalMart $10,000 | Paypal MC $15,000 | Barclay NFL $3,400 | Cap 1 Quicksilver WMC $34,500 | J C Penny $5000 | Target $2000 13 Personal & 2 Business CreditCards
Message 4 of 12
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

AFAIK Capital One only bought cards that were issued from HSBC Bank Nevada N.A., not cards issued by HSBC Bank USA N.A.

HSBC Bank Nevada N.A issued cards like Orchard, Household, and HSBC co-branded cards like Best Buy.

HSBC Bank USA N.A. issued HSBC sole brand credit card, that only bears HSBC logo. These cards stay with HSBC.

Message 5 of 12
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@IECredit wrote:

I've had my HSBC credit card(now Cap 1) since 2007, I've never paid late and carry a 0 balance and always pay in full. I've never had a CLI increase so I decided to call today and request a CLI, the agent said I have a excellent payment record but there not taking any CLI request! She told me just to keep up my excellent record and my account may be reviewed for an auto CLI which is very frustrating to hear! Any one have an other luck with HSBC for CLI??

I had the same card, the Platinum Card with a whopping $1550 CL, member since 2006.  I'd called several times for CLI over the years, only got one to that $1550 limit from $1200.  This year, I decided to challenge the AF of $59, called them up to see if they would waive the fee OR give me a substantial CLI (to $5K) to justify the $59 fee.  They would not do either, no CLI and they would not waive the AF.  So I told them that, given the circumstances their card was of no consequence to me, and asked that it be cancelled, which they did. This was all just before the AF was due, so I insisted that the AF be waived and not show on my credit report.  As of today, it's still showing on my credit report, but their CSR told me it would take 2 billing cycles to update.  I can still log in to my account, the balance is showing zero, just hasn't updated on the credit reports.  Also, my credit reports are showing it as a Cap 1 account, no longer HSBC account. 

Message 6 of 12
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

AFAIK Capital One only bought cards that were issued from HSBC Bank Nevada N.A., not cards issued by HSBC Bank USA N.A.

HSBC Bank Nevada N.A issued cards like Orchard, Household, and HSBC co-branded cards like Best Buy.

HSBC Bank USA N.A. issued HSBC sole brand credit card, that only bears HSBC logo. These cards stay with HSBC.

+1

I think you have a card that is still with HSBC.   When you log on, look at the fine print at the bottom of the page.   If it does not say Capital One there, it is still with HSBC.

I have a Household bank which Capital One did take over,   I requested and got a small CLI a few months ago.

Message 7 of 12
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@Wolf3 wrote:

@trumpet-205 wrote:

+1

I think you have a card that is still with HSBC.   When you log on, look at the fine print at the bottom of the page.   If it does not say Capital One there, it is still with HSBC.

I have a Household bank which Capital One did take over,   I requested and got a small CLI a few months ago.

My card was NOT with HSBC Nevada.  It was HSBC Platinum MasterCard with the HSBC and MasterCard logo, but showed Cap 1 on my credit report starting back in July or August 2012. 

Message 8 of 12
debtfree09
Regular Contributor

I'm the same as you...they are our oldest accounts, never been late or over limit, carry small balances but when I called they said they were not taking requests.  Each card has only gotten one small CLI since 2006.  They are our oldest accounts post-BK so we need to keep them open but we won't be using them as we have other cards that give us regular CLIs.

Message 9 of 12
Cali_Credit
Frequent Contributor

Mines is the HSBC that Cap 1 took over! its reporting on my credit as cap 1 and the lady on the phone flat out told me "Cap 1 is restricting us from taking customer CLI at this time" thanks you for being a good customer!! BOO!!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.