Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Closing Accounts

tag
MagicShot
Contributor

HSBC Closing Accounts

Does anyone know who I can talk to at HSBC about my Accounts with them?  I have 5 Accounts with HSBC 4 myself and 1 joint with my DW. HSBC closed all of the Account including our joint Account. I called their normal number and I counltnt get a reasonable explaination as to why except recent INQs but I had the same number INQs when they opened my menards card 3 months ago. They flaged one of my account for review and closed all. I been with them for over 4 years no missed payments and perfect history and credit report is clean with no lates either.

Any Help would be nice.

Thanks for any help!!!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HSBC Closing Accounts

HSBC is nuts lately.

I cancelled THEM today. Just got off phone, paid off balance and closed the card. I called the number on the back of my card. Once you get a CSR, you can ask to be transferred higher up. 

HSBC right now has a freeze on CLI. I had my card since 2000 and sat on a $750 CL. Just fed up....and they refused me a PC today (after CLI denied AGAIN), so I said to heck with them. Oh, and there was an AF on that card too. What was I thinking?

My highest limit CC is $10,000.00. It is not my oldest card, so I am not too concerned with average age. It should still report for the next 10 years.

I wish you luck with them. I went through 3 different people. Same story across the board. I think they have some prompt memorized.

I truly hope someone can help you. Good luck and keep us posted. Sorry I don't have info for you. 

Message 2 of 17
jason86423
Frequent Contributor

HSBC is just pathetic.  I had a household bank card that seemed to get regular credit increases (2005 era).  In the mean time I opened up a HSBC gold MC, waited a year or so and combined the limits.  Have been unable to get anywhere since.  Have a small AF of $19 and I like keeping it in the mix as the limit is $3270 and it does only carry a 12.9% rate.  

On the other hand I have a Best Buy RWZ MC that is stuck at $800 and they refuse to change.  The AF is coming up in Oct again and if they don't drop it again, the card is gone.

I've read elsewhere where people are getting Auto CLI's while others are having their accounts closed.  

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jason86423 wrote:

HSBC is just pathetic.  I had a household bank card that seemed to get regular credit increases (2005 era).  In the mean time I opened up a HSBC gold MC, waited a year or so and combined the limits.  Have been unable to get anywhere since.  Have a small AF of $19 and I like keeping it in the mix as the limit is $3270 and it does only carry a 12.9% rate.  

On the other hand I have a Best Buy RWZ MC that is stuck at $800 and they refuse to change.  The AF is coming up in Oct again and if they don't drop it again, the card is gone.

I've read elsewhere where people are getting Auto CLI's while others are having their accounts closed.  

Mine was the Bestbuy RWZ MC. They wouldn't drop the AF on mine so buh-bye it went. If they would have done that, I would have kept it.

Not happy with HSBC. I have an online bank account with them too. I have auto withdrawals from my usual bank to save money for DD college. I am going to close that out next week and open another with Chase. At least if I have an account with Chase, I will get additional rewards on my Freedom card. Not much more, but it is better than anything HSBC is willing to give. Take what I can get I suppose.

Message 4 of 17
MagicShot
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jason86423 wrote:

Mine was the Bestbuy RWZ MC. They wouldn't drop the AF on mine so buh-bye it went. If they would have done that, I would have kept it.

Not happy with HSBC. I have an online bank account with them too. I have auto withdrawals from my usual bank to save money for DD college. I am going to close that out next week and open another with Chase. At least if I have an account with Chase, I will get additional rewards on my Freedom card. Not much more, but it is better than anything HSBC is willing to give. Take what I can get I suppose.

The funny thing is that I called hsbc about my AF maybe two weeks ago. Paid off my balance. and was going to close my best buy rewardzone because of the AF. They agreed to waive the AF. Now 2 maybe 3 weeks later they are closing all my accounts. Its rediculous I have been with them over 4 years with good history and now they want to close my accounts. I thought credit was how you managed it. I would expect something like this from AMEX or something not HSBC.

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unbelievable!  

Maybe it is time to upgrade and get better cards with another bank. HSBC seems too shaken with "credit crisis". 

I went for better the reward cards and no HSBC headache. 

Ask yourself if it is worthwhile trying to get them back. Hopefully they didn't close out any with balances (it will have an impact on utility and can lower your scores). I had my RZMC since 2000, and they never gave me a CLI.

It is not my oldest card, otherwise I may have had some reservation closing it. 

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

here are the HSBC backdoor numbers I found for you in the Backdoor sticky posted on this forum:

HSBC: 866-551-0258 (Credit Analyst)

HSBC:  866-280-0118 (Executive Resolution Unit)

Maybe they will help!

Message 7 of 17
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

Hey, they pulled the same crap with me last week.. After 2 years of excellent history, they closed my account for too many new accounts which is BS..  Call this number, its the supervisors and they have better info, 1800-555-9261..

I was planning on closing my card with them anyway, so i didnt care.. I even called up and canceled my other card i had with them right after this happened.

Starting Score: TU 608, Eq 618
Current Score: TU 797 Eq 792, Ex 805 (psecu)
Goal Score: 840 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 17
MagicShot
Contributor

@Chaos122 wrote:

Hey, they pulled the same crap with me last week.. After 2 years of excellent history, they closed my account for too many new accounts which is BS..  Call this number, its the supervisors and they have better info, 1800-555-9261..

I was planning on closing my card with them anyway, so i didnt care.. I even called up and canceled my other card i had with them right after this happened.

I dont know if I called that one but the 2 numbers above your post was no help. I have plent of other cards, its mostly the point behind it, and yes 2 of the 5 cards had a balance with no interest payments for 12 months and 18 months on the other. I did file a complaint and hopefully someone calls me back on monday. I tend to give pratonage to stores I have accounts with more than  others.

Message 9 of 17
cd2004
Regular Contributor

I have 2 cards with them since 2007 and I really want to cancel them once I get a better card like capital one. I know this forum will help my credit score get back on track where it was years ago.

Current 3B scores May 2022: EQ: 806 TU: 798 EX: 797
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.